AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I love my new DST-3000, since both the 1080i component video and standard 480i composite outputs are not active at the same time, I'm unable to record any standard definition SATV programs without going into the video menu and changing the output type.

Is there a solution I'm missing here, because this is becoming a major hassle for me.

Brian.

·
Registered
90 Posts
From what I read in the manual I think we are out of luck. When output is 1080i there is no 480 output. The only choice might be the RCA output from the TV.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The Mitsubishi HD5 remote has an 'Input' button to the left of the 0 button. Pressing 'Action' and 'Input' changes the output without going into the program.

Since the STBs are otherwise identical, you might have the same configuration. Then, again, you might not, in which case you may ignore this message.

------------------

Bill Brenner

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think his biggest problem is, not only does he have to change from HD to SD, he also needs to change the video mode on his TV from component to s-video. The only solution I can think of is to have a learning remote which supports macros and then you can have 1 button that changes the HD to SD and the component to s-video. That is the way I would do it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Dave opined:

"I think his biggest problem is, not only does he have to change from HD to SD, he also needs to change the video mode on his TV from component to s-video."

Should he wish to view the SD version while taping it, I believe that all he need do is employ the A/V and/or TV VCR settings and view via the VCR.

------------------

Bill Brenner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.