AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The WiFi link is only between your PC and your local network, the projector has no WiFi connection and must be connected by a lan RJ45 cable to your local network instead.
Yes thank u. Yeah I have the projector on lan at all times but I always then ran a cable from the router to the laptop which I do not have to do anymore thank god. One less cable..

I just tested it and I can find wireless the projector with the laptop..

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for bringing us this mandatory tweak!
In the first releases it was possible to set a matrix correction and integration times. Also the mode for the probe.
The autocal directory doesn't exist anymore. Do you know how it works now?

Thanks!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Thanks for bringing us this mandatory tweak!
In the first releases it was possible to set a matrix correction and integration times. Also the mode for the probe.
The autocal directory doesn't exist anymore. Do you know how it works now?

Thanks!
Watch your Private Messages .....

·
Registered
208 Posts
init.xml right? ;)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hello,

I've just set this up and gets me to the point where it starts the log but it stops right on the first measurement and pops up saying it "lost the connection with the sensor" each time. Also when I move the sensor to try and get it inside the measurement rectangle it won't move on the screen so it doesn't seem to be communicating. What could I be doing wrong? Sorry if this has been covered.
Did u get this working? Forget getting the sensor inside the orange box its imposible.. set it 12 inches away then point the sensor towards the middle of the screen and it will work just fine. I did it a ton of times yesterday and it works. Now im a semi professional calibrator lol

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Did u get this working? Forget getting the sensor inside the orange box its imposible.. set it 12 inches away then point the sensor towards the middle of the screen and it will work just fine. I did it a ton of times yesterday and it works. Now im a semi professional calibrator lol

As for moving the sensor inside the box? Didn't try as I ended up with it facing the screen but yes after I figured the Wifi issue I believe it moved fine. I believe its also key to have it vertically aligned with the lens for it to work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi,
if someone just wants to use the existing Spyder 5 with the new JVC AutoCal version 12/1.10 without having to worry about installing other drivers and programs, can send me a PM. You only have to replace the dcxmtr.dll in the AutoCal directory with a "new" one, then AutoCal 12 will also accept the Spyder 5.
Peter

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just did successfully color calibration with Autocal 12 v1.1 and i1DisplayPro Plus using above mentioned workaround (dcxmtr.dll for SpyderX). Big thanks to Omardris.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A big Thank you to Omardris and Dominic Chan this was really easy , I will be uploading my log results in the appropriate Jvc autocal thread

Reactions: OMARDRIS

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'm getting this error when using the replacement in v7 to try and use an i1 pro and i1d3 to calibrate:

I get this whether I use the i1 or the i1d3, so I assume i'm doing something wrong. Any help?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Which method are you using to get the autocal to read the i1d3 as the spyder 5 , also as per the table at the beginning of this thread v7 the i1pro is not supported , I have used the Omardris i1d3 sdk dll and it worked Flawlessly

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm getting this error when using the replacement in v7 to try and use an i1 pro and i1d3 to calibrate:

I get this whether I use the i1 or the i1d3, so I assume i'm doing something wrong. Any help?
If you use FakeSensor.dll to replace the Spyder, make sure to download the 32bit package.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I thought I got it working with the i1d3, but no luck with i1 pro; however, the image when the calibration completed had terrible red push in the blacks--i.e. what should have been dark black was red. Don't know what was going on, but I reset it back to the way it was. I guess I'll just do a manual calibration or use the other option (not fakesensor).

B.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi I’m sure you must have got everything right
1) with diffuser off i1d3 should be facing the screen as close as possible to it , in my case I was approximately 10 inches from the screen to enable to measure the highest luminance .

2) do not try and align i1d3 in the JVC autocal box which is for the original spyder 5 placement.

Reactions: jorgebetancourt

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I thought I got it working with the i1d3, but no luck with i1 pro; however, the image when the calibration completed had terrible red push in the blacks--i.e. what should have been dark black was red. Don't know what was going on, but I reset it back to the way it was. I guess I'll just do a manual calibration or use the other option (not fakesensor).

B.
This happens sometimes even with the “real sensor”. Watch the screen while Autocal is reading the low level gamma calibration patterns, and make sure none of the readings are 0.
Try to maximize the pattern brightness:
  • set iris to 0
  • change the zoom to the smallest image size
  • adjust the sensor reposition/angle to get the maximum reading
  • use Normal Quality (20 steps) instead of High Quality (33 steps).

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

B.
This is exactly what happened with my Klein K-10 until I added a 1 second delay. The meter was starting it's read before the pattern was fully rendered.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello @All who participate in the test of EODIS3 interface for JVC-Autocal without Spotread.exe:
With the help of some good friends ;), I was able to increase the number of supported EODIS3 models. Now not only the Retail and the OEM, but also most other models like i1 Display Pro Plus, C6, NEC, HP, ColorMunki Display etc. are automatically recognized and accepted (hopefully). I can't test it myself.
The changed dlls are already uploaded to the cloud (same link).
Peter

181 - 200 of 312 Posts