AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello @All who participate in the test of EODIS3 interface for JVC-Autocal without Spotread.exe:
With the help of some good friends ;), I was able to increase the number of supported EODIS3 models. Now not only the Retail and the OEM, but also most other models like C6, NEC, HP, ColorMunki etc. are automatically recognized and accepted (hopefully). I can't test it myself.
The changed dlls are already uploaded to the cloud (same link).
Peter
Thanks OMARDRIS,

JVC just released a patch. now version is 12 v1.11
Does the dll already work with this version?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am sure that my dlls also work with the current version 12 v 1.11, because the cause of the "USB error" was in the JVC AutoCal and not in the dlls. However, I had built a workaround for this error in the dlls so that they also work with 12 v 1.10. But it would be good if someone here could test this with 12 v 1.11.
Peter

Reactions: Nooj

·
Registered
594 Posts
As this very good discussion of Omardris solution has nothing to do with the ArgyllCMS one, maybe it would be better in a dedicated thread ?
Or removing ArgyllCMS from the title ?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, it does.

Reactions: OMARDRIS

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi,
especially in connection with the use of different sensors like the EODIS3 it can be interesting to use the option in JVC-AutoCal to use a correction matrix for the sensor. Then you yourself or a friend can profile the EODIS3 in advance with a spectrometer and you can calmly do the gamma measurement and the color measurement with one sensor.
Each version of the JVC-AutoCal program creates a file named "init.xml" in the "AppData directory".
For example, for version 12, search the directory:
"C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\JVCKENWOOD\Projector Calibration Software 12".
The AppData directory is hidden and therefore you must first enable the hidden files view in the Windows folder options.
In the init.xlm file there is a section:
<matrixOfSensor>
<double>1</double>
<double>0</double>
<double>0</double>

<double>0</double>
<double>1</double>
<double>0</double>

<double>0</double>
<double>0</double>
<double>1</double>
</matrixOfSensor>

This corresponds to the - neutral - matrix:
1, 0, 0
0, 1, 0
0, 0, 1

Here you can enter the values for a 3 x 3 correction matrix, which you have determined before.
For example (this is a matrix from my collection):
<matrixOfSensor>
<double>0.963501</double>
<double>0.00581503</double>
<double>0.00408888</double>

<double>0.0492744</double>
<double>0.994019</double>
<double>0.000345111</double>

<double>-0.00143445</double>
<double>0.00211048</double>
<double>0.956238</double>
</matrixOfSensor>

That's why I refrained from implementing another matrix correction in my dlls.
Peter

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone able to share those X-Rite SDK DLL's ? Im currently on vacation and have few days spare time to play with my new screen. Peter hasnt answered for me yet.

-- edit--

Got help , thank you very much guys !! :) and merry christmas to all.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I haven't made the newest firmware upgrade yet, but had a question before I do. I think now on the new firmware and JVC software it makes you face the Spyder X towards the screen instead of the projector, in the past using the Spyder5 you pointed it at the projector. If I am using the newest software and a Spyder5 or ID3 to get gamma (using this alternate DLL), should I follow the instructions and point towards the screen now or do it like it was in the past with the Spyder 5. Also , should I turn off screen correction in the options (070 for me with Stewart) now for doing gamma?

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
I haven't made the newest firmware upgrade yet, but had a question before I do. I think now on the new firmware and JVC software it makes you face the Spyder X towards the screen instead of the projector, in the past using the Spyder5 you pointed it at the projector. If I am using the newest software and a Spyder5 or ID3 to get gamma (using this alternate DLL), should I follow the instructions and point towards the screen now or do it like it was in the past with the Spyder 5. Also , should I turn off screen correction in the options (070 for me with Stewart) now for doing gamma?
Spyder5 faces the lens, i1D3 faces the screen.
screen correction is irrelevant for gamma.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Spyder5 faces the lens, i1D3 faces the screen.
screen correction is irrelevant for gamma.
Thanks , wasn't sure if the new software would let you face the lens since spyder5 isn't supported now. I will probably just use the ID3 anyways for gamma now that we have the option.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Thanks , wasn't sure if the new software would let you face the lens since spyder5 isn't supported now. I will probably just use the ID3 anyways for gamma now that we have the option.
The software does not care which way the meter is facing. It just needs good readings from the meter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
EDIT 2020-11-22
Instructions on using the x-rite SDK DLL:

1. Make a copy of the JVC Autocal software folder and place it on you desktop as the working copy. Delete the files dccmtr.dll and dcxmtr.dll, or rename them to something else for backup.
  2. Download the x-rite SDK patch from the link provided by the developer and unzip it. You need to contact the developer for the download link: x-rite SDK DLL
  3. Copy all the files in the downloaded folder to the working Autocal folder, overwriting any existing files with the same name if prompted.
  4. Run Autocal. Note that the software still shows the original Spyder meter icon, but when you click on it, the software will use the x-rite meter to do the measurements.
Please note that the i1D3 and the i1Pro2 are both meant to read off the screen, unlike the Spyder5. They can also be used facing the projector lens, but that would require the ambient light diffuser to be in place.
Hi, do you know if the patch also applies to i1 Display Pro Plus?
thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes, the Xrite I1 Display Pro Plus is also supported.
Peter

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Has anyone tried the i3 Display Studio or ColorMunki units with V12?
I haven’t tried them, but since they share the same driver as the i1Display Pro they should work.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Hi,
especially in connection with the use of different sensors like the EODIS3 it can be interesting to use the option in JVC-AutoCal to use a correction matrix for the sensor. Then you yourself or a friend can profile the EODIS3 in advance with a spectrometer and you can calmly do the gamma measurement and the color measurement with one sensor.
Each version of the JVC-AutoCal program creates a file named "init.xml" in the "AppData directory".
For example, for version 12, search the directory:
"C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\JVCKENWOOD\Projector Calibration Software 12".
The AppData directory is hidden and therefore you must first enable the hidden files view in the Windows folder options.
In the init.xlm file there is a section:
<matrixOfSensor>
<double>1</double>
<double>0</double>
<double>0</double>

<double>0</double>
<double>1</double>
<double>0</double>

<double>0</double>
<double>0</double>
<double>1</double>
</matrixOfSensor>

This corresponds to the - neutral - matrix:
1, 0, 0
0, 1, 0
0, 0, 1

Here you can enter the values for a 3 x 3 correction matrix, which you have determined before.
For example (this is a matrix from my collection):
<matrixOfSensor>
<double>0.963501</double>
<double>0.00581503</double>
<double>0.00408888</double>

<double>0.0492744</double>
<double>0.994019</double>
<double>0.000345111</double>

<double>-0.00143445</double>
<double>0.00211048</double>
<double>0.956238</double>
</matrixOfSensor>

That's why I refrained from implementing another matrix correction in my dlls.
Peter
I am a bit late to the game, and I am trying to understand how to enter the correction data into the sensor matrix of the autocal software. If these are the corrected numbers for my i1D3Pro, how do I enter them correctly?

WHITE:
X - 0.307
Y - 0.330

RED:
X - 0.646
Y - 0.333

GREEN:
X - 0.311
Y - 0.592

BLUE:
X - 0.153
Y - 0.047

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)
I am a bit late to the game, and I am trying to understand how to enter the correction data into the sensor matrix of the autocal software. If these are the corrected numbers for my i1D3Pro, how do I enter them correctly?

WHITE:
X - 0.307
Y - 0.330

RED:
X - 0.646
Y - 0.333

GREEN:
X - 0.311
Y - 0.592

BLUE:
X - 0.153
Y - 0.047
The correction needs two sets of data - the i1D3 readings, and the readings of the same patches taken with the reference meter.
If your “corrected readings” are provided by the calibration software (ChromaPure?), then you also need the uncorrected readings in order to generate the correction matrix.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
The correction needs two sets of data - the i1D3 readings, and the readings of the same patches taken with the reference meter.
If your “corrected readings” are provided by the calibration software (ChromaPure?), then uou also need the uncorrected readings in order to generate the correction matrix.
Thanks for that Clarification, Dominic!!. I do have all the readings for the i1D3, the Reference meter (Minolta) and the calculated corrections. Can you please explain how to (1) determine the correct numbers and (2) how to enter those numbers into the software?

Thanks for your help.

i1D3 MEASUREMENTS:

WHITE:
X = 0.307
Y = 0.330

RED:
X = 0.646
Y = 0.333

GREEN:
X = 0.311
Y = 0.592

BLUE:
X = 0.153
Y = 0.047

REFERENCE METER MEASUREMENTS:

WHITE:
X = 0.314
Y = 0.335

RED:
X = 0.645
Y = 0.331

GREEN:
X = 0.312
Y = 0.599

BLUE:
X = 0.154
Y = 0.049

CORRECTION VALUES APPLIED:

WHITE:
X = 0.007
Y = 0.005

RED:
X = -0.001
Y = -0.002

GREEN:
X = 0.001
Y = 0.007

BLUE:
X = 0.001
Y = 0.002

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Thanks for that Clarification, Dominic!!. I do have all the readings for the i1D3, the Reference meter (Minolta) and the calculated corrections. Can you please explain how to (1) determine the correct numbers and (2) how to enter those numbers into the software?

Thanks for your help.

i1D3 MEASUREMENTS:

WHITE:
X = 0.307
Y = 0.330

RED:
X = 0.646
Y = 0.333

GREEN:
X = 0.311
Y = 0.592

BLUE:
X = 0.153
Y = 0.047

REFERENCE METER MEASUREMENTS:

WHITE:
X = 0.314
Y = 0.335

RED:
X = 0.645
Y = 0.331

GREEN:
X = 0.312
Y = 0.599

BLUE:
X = 0.154
Y = 0.049

CORRECTION VALUES APPLIED:

WHITE:
X = 0.007
Y = 0.005

RED:
X = -0.001
Y = -0.002

GREEN:
X = 0.001
Y = 0.007

BLUE:
X = 0.001
Y = 0.002
I use HCFR to calculate the matrix. There are also some online calculators that can calculate the correction matrix. Search for Four-Colour Correction Matrix.

201 - 220 of 312 Posts