AVS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I use HCFR to calculate the matrix. There are also some online calculators that can calculate the correction matrix. Search for Four-Colour Correction Matrix.
I have checked out Four-Colour and a few other on-line calculators but they are all way too complicated for me. I was hoping to find a simple calculator where I can just plug in my X and Y coordinates of the field and reference meters, but that does not seem to be the case. When I look at the math behind the calculations, only PHDs and the like will be able to understand it. Been at this for 4 nights straight but I just can't get past this point.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
I have checked out Four-Colour and a few other on-line calculators but they are all way too complicated for me. I was hoping to find a simple calculator where I can just plug in my X and Y coordinates of the field and reference meters, but that does not seem to be the case. When I look at the math behind the calculations, only PHDs and the like will be able to understand it. Been at this for 4 nights straight but I just can't get past this point.
If you search the previous posts, someone actually posted a link to such a calculator.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I must be missing it. I went through every post twice and cannot find such link. Will check again later.
Sorry, it may have been in a different thread.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
I must be missing it. I went through every post twice and cannot find such link. Will check again later.
Did you see this post:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Did you see this post:
Wow, Thanks so much, Dominic, for finding this post/thread. I had not seen it nor have I even though to look there for it since I have never used HCFR (always had Chromapure). I am going to read up on this "four colour" tool and I guess I am going to have to download and figure out how to use HCFR as well.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Wow, Thanks so much, Dominic, for finding this post/thread. I had not seen it nor have I even though to look there for it since I have never used HCFR (always had Chromapure). I am going to read up on this "four colour" tool and I guess I am going to have to download and figure out how to use HCFR as well.

Thanks again!!
The matrix can be used anywhere (including Autocal), nor just HCFR.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
The matrix can be used anywhere (including Autocal), nor just HCFR.
Yeh, I realized that after I made that post. BTW, I also realized that I don't have the "Y" values, only have the "x" and "y" so it's prolly a no-go for me on creating the 3x3 matrix. So close :cry:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I only know HCFR a little but even with my limited experience making a correction matrix with HCFR is very easy and fast, the "how to do it" is built in, same with DisplayCal that is free also.
But you do need do have simultaneous access to the colorimeter to be corrected and the reference spectro.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeh, I realized that after I made that post. BTW, I also realized that I don't have the "Y" values, only have the "x" and "y" so it's prolly a no-go for me on creating the 3x3 matrix. So close :cry:
don't worry, you are not alone and you will get help. :)
You can also calculate a correction matrix with the x, y values according to the NIST specifications. In that case only a correction of the colors is done and no correction of the luminance. But this is not so bad for the JVC AutoCal, because the gamma correction is mostly unproblematic.
I calculated the correction matrix from your data:
The following entry is then to be made in your "init.xlm" of AutoCal:

<matrixOfSensor>
<double>1.111431</double>
<double>-0.058939</double>
<double>-0.021376</double>
<double>0.0520889</double>
<double>0.9749547</double>
<double>-0.007511</double>
<double>0.0190243</double>
<double>-0.020034</double>
<double>0.9690656</double>
</matrixOfSensor>

Peter

Reactions: atabea

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
^^^^^Many thanks for doing those calculations!!! Now I have a much better starting point. Can't wait to give it a go tonight.

Regards,
Rick

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Just a bit of feedback.........I did an autocal using @OMARDRIS' i1D patch with excellent results. As noted a couple posts above, I entered the 3x3 color matrix values in the sensor matrix section for more accurate measurements. Not only did it save a lot of time with using just one meter (normally used two different meters--the spyder5 and the i1D3), but the difference is noticeable on screen. Thanks to @Dominic Chan for starting this discussion, OMARDRIS for the patches and all the other usual suspects (@KarlKlammer, @chadb et al) who have contributed to this endeavor. You guys really are the Drivers of these forums.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello and all the best for the new year,
I am tinkering with a small extension of my DLL modifications for the connection of the EODIS3 to JVC-AutoCal.
I want to make the settings a bit more flexible but still comfortable. So I replaced the message boxes with an option window where the user can set the sync mode and the maximum integration time to which it will dynamically switch up for dark patches.

If the tests go well, the new version will be uploaded to the cloud soon.
Peter

PS: On the subject of "Sync Mode" there is a very good piece of information from Ted:
Info on EODIS3

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Hello and all the best for the new year,
I am tinkering with a small extension of my DLL modifications for the connection of the EODIS3 to JVC-AutoCal.
I want to make the settings a bit more flexible but still comfortable. So I replaced the message boxes with an option window where the user can set the sync mode and the maximum integration time to which it will dynamically switch up for dark patches.

View attachment 3078097

If the tests go well, the new version will be uploaded to the cloud soon.
Peter

PS: On the subject of "Sync Mode" there is a very good piece of information from Ted:
Info on EODIS3
Hi Peter,
Would it be useful to make Calibration Type selectable as well, between Generic CMF and Projector (the latter for people without a correction matrix)?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Peter!

Just tried your new version with sync-mode and integration time selection and it is working nicely! I used Burst mode since I have a REV.A i1d3.
I corrected my i1d3 with my i1pro (matrix correction) and HCFR is showing me perfect results without any manual calibration on my RS1000 (JVC N5).
I love it!

BT709:

REC2020:

I'm using madvr on my PC so I tried to calibrate in DCI-P3 but there is a bug (at least on my unit): Calibration of gamma only work for few hours then calibration is lost (gamma curve is falling again)
So I used DisplayCal to create a DCI-P3 3dlut on my rec2020 jvc calibration which is of course working perfectly (only primary green was clipped if you compare to rec2020 - I don't know why)

DCI-P3:

Huge thanks Peter, Well done!!

Attachments

Reactions: OMARDRIS and atabea

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Peter,
Would it be useful to make Calibration Type selectable as well, between Generic CMF and Projector (the latter for people without a correction matrix)?
Hi Dominic,
I have added the selection of the calibration type "Generic CMF" and "Projector" to the dialog.

Therefore the "Projector.edr" file is now included in the package and is also simply copied to the JVC AutoCal directory.
I'll wait for some more tests before uploading the new version.
I'll let you know here when the new version is available for download.
Peter

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #238

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi,
The Xrite i1 Display Pro can be adapted to different display types or groups to improve the accuracy of the measurement. The Generic CMF setting is the basic neutral setting. This should be selected when using a custom correction matrix or when no correction is desired. The Projector group takes somewhat into account the characteristics of projectors and makes sense as an option. For this a special file of the manufacturer must be loaded, which is done by the DLL.
Peter

Reactions: jj-34 and atabea
221 - 240 of 312 Posts