AVS Forum banner

521 - 540 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
A whole lot of speakers, subs and Dirac
30 Posts
Hi all,

I recently bought a JVC N7 and I'm pretty new to this game of 'autocal'
I bought myself a spyderX and did a gamma calibration which went fine and result was subtle but present, the image already improved. As I read here, the spyderX is not suitable for color calibration so I bought myself a brand new (well, it's a couple years old but never used) EFI ES-2000 which should be the same meter as the i1pro2. Now here's my issue where I need some guidance; when I try to select the EFI sensor in the calibration tab of the JVC 'autocal' program it keeps telling me that it cannot detect the sensor. I tried to install the driver mentioned in some other (older) threads here and there, but it wouldn't help (windows 10). Is there something I missed or missing to get this sensor working with the autocal program? Some patch I need? Please help ...
Thanks from a newby

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Hi all,

I bought myself a spyderX and did a gamma calibration which went fine and result was subtle but present, the image already improved. As I read here, the spyderX is not suitable for color calibration so I bought myself a brand new (well, it's a couple years old but never used) EFI ES-2000 which should be the same meter as the i1pro2. Now here's my issue where I need some guidance; when I try to select the EFI sensor in the calibration tab of the JVC 'autocal' program it keeps telling me that it cannot detect the sensor. I tried to install the driver mentioned in some other (older) threads here and there, but it wouldn't help (windows 10). Is there something I missed or missing to get this sensor working with the autocal program? Some patch I need? Please help ...
Thanks from a newby
Do you see the sensor if you look in the control panel? Also, when you select the meter in the JVC software, it needs to be placed face down on the white tile in order to "calibrate" it for use.

Reactions: larson1977

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
Hi all,

Thanks from a newby
This thread is intended for discussing using meters not natively supported by the JVC software; it is not for discussing questions on Autocal itself.
Having said that, to use the i1Pro2 you must have the meter sitting on the white tile when selecting it, as a meter self-calibration is done “behind the scene” when you first select it.

·
Registered
A whole lot of speakers, subs and Dirac
30 Posts
Do you see the sensor if you look in the control panel? Also, when you select the meter in the JVC software, it needs to be placed face down on the white tile in order to "calibrate" it for use.
This thread is intended for discussing using meters not natively supported by the JVC software; it is not for discussing questions on Autocal itself.
Having said that, to use the i1Pro2 you must have the meter sitting on the white tile when selecting it, as a meter self-calibration is done “behind the scene” when you first select it.
Thanks for the tip and guidance guys!!! (y)

And sorry for the inconvenience....

Reactions: Dave Vaughn

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hey All,

Just wanted to say thank you all for helping me out with my issues I have had lately.

It was something so simple and I am mad at myself for not thinking to check before which would have saved me hours of my time and your time trying to solve the issue.

After all it was just a silly setting on the AMD GPU driver. Basically I had Custom Colour (Enabled) and the colour temp setting must have been disabled. The minute I turn the colour temp setting on or if I completely disable the custom colour tab, bright whites appear from my projector and no more warm tinge. Please see the below pics for reference.

After all AutoCal was doing the correction and there was nothing wrong with it after all just my incompetence really .. Again thank you all for your time and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Anyone with an AMD card must check this setting is disabled or if enabled must make sure the Colour Temp tab is enabled. This is another reason why I should probably switch over to NVIDIA lol :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Hey All,

Just wanted to say thank you all for helping me out with my issues I have had lately.

It was something so simple and I am mad at myself for not thinking to check before which would have saved me hours of my time and your time trying to solve the issue.

After all it was just a silly setting on the AMD GPU driver. Basically I had Custom Colour (Enabled) and the colour temp setting must have been disabled. The minute I turn the colour temp setting on or if I completely disable the custom colour tab, bright whites appear from my projector and no more warm tinge. Please see the below pics for reference.

After all AutoCal was doing the correction and there was nothing wrong with it after all just my incompetence really .. Again thank you all for your time and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Anyone with an AMD card must check this setting is disabled or if enabled must make sure the Colour Temp tab is enabled. This is another reason why I should probably switch over to NVIDIA lol :)

View attachment 3109580 View attachment 3109581 View attachment 3109582 View attachment 3109583
Glad you got it worked out. I knew something had to be screwy somewhere and I'm happy you tracked it down. Best of all, I bet your picture looks fabulous!

Reactions: mkohman

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Glad you got it worked out. I knew something had to be screwy somewhere and I'm happy you tracked it down. Best of all, I bet your picture looks fabulous!
Thank you so much guys.. Yes I absolutely love the picture now, still had to make very minor RGB correction in the projector to get it perfect but nothing like before :)

IMG_20210311_002003.jpg
IMG_20210311_002152.jpg
IMG_20210310_233627.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Looks great. I had to make small adjustments as well on mine, but they were nothing like doing a calibration from scratch, that's for sure.

Reactions: mkohman

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,
even if there are very few users of the new spectrometer Xrite i1PRO3, I can offer an adaptation for JVC AutoCal for this sensor as well. In my test environment the adaptation works, but there have not yet been tests in practice with a JVC projector.
If anyone would like to use the i1PRO3 with JVC-AutoCal, please feel free to contact me via PM.
Peter

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,669 Posts
Hi,
even if there are very few users of the new spectrometer Xrite i1PRO3, I can offer an adaptation for JVC AutoCal for this sensor as well. In my test environment the adaptation works, but there have not yet been tests in practice with a JVC projector.
If anyone would like to use the i1PRO3 with JVC-AutoCal, please feel free to contact me via PM.
Peter
Thanks for doing this!

I am sure this will come in handy for many in the years to come as the i1 Pro 2 becomes harder to find and as the sensors age.

Now we just need to get ArgyIICMS to support the i1 Pro 3 heh.

@gwgill I am guessing someone needs to donate one to you at some point, or loan at the very least?

·
Registered
47 Posts
In case someone can help me! ...

For a JVC Z1

The working folder on the desktop has been like this:

With Klein K10-A, i1Pro OEM and Spyder5 it always says the following:

I replace the patched dccmtr.dll with the original one and Spyder5 works again with AutoCAL.

What am I doing wrong? Solution?

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #535
In case someone can help me! ...

For a JVC Z1

The working folder on the desktop has been like this:

With Klein K10-A, i1Pro OEM and Spyder5 it always says the following:

I replace the patched dccmtr.dll with the original one and Spyder5 works again with AutoCAL.

What am I doing wrong? Solution?
Does the ini file point to the correct location of ArgyllCMS?

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
I think so, friend Dominic Chan ...

I do not know what to do!
Which meter are you trying to use the the patched DLL? Are the Argyll drivers installed and selected?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Which meter are you trying to use the the patched DLL? Are the Argyll drivers installed and selected?
I have tested with the Klein K10-A, the TomHauffman i1D3 Pro (OEM) and the Spyder5.

Are the Argyll drivers installed and selected?
This part blows my mind !!! ...
I have never needed to install the Argyll drivers since all my applications read the probes / spectra that I have. I read at the time that these drivers gave problems with CalMAN, LightSpace / ColourSpace, ChromePure ... etc.
Only DisplayCAL does not read me the Spyder5 / 4/3.

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #539
I have tested with the Klein K10-A, the TomHauffman i1D3 Pro (OEM) and the Spyder5.

This part blows my mind !!! ...
I have never needed to install the Argyll drivers since all my applications read the probes / spectra that I have. I read at the time that these drivers gave problems with CalMAN, LightSpace / ColourSpace, ChromePure ... etc.
Only DisplayCAL does not read me the Spyder5 / 4/3.
CalMAN, LightSpace/ColourSpace, ChromaPure use the manufacturer’s driver, whereas the DisplayCAL, HCFR and the Fakesensor DLL use Argyll driver. Not much you can do about that.
As mentioned in the instructions, there a different DLL that uses the X-Rite SDK, but that is not public domain and you have to request it from the develeper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello,
with Tom Hauffman's i1D3 Pro + FakeSensor-Win32-v0.1.4 + i1d3AutoCAL, ¡¡¡ NO PROBLEMS in the JVC AutoCAL !!!

The problem comes with my Klein K10-A which is at COM: 3
For this I am using FakeSensor-Win32-v0.1.4 + i1d3AutoCAL with the following autocal.ini

[autocal]
command = "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Calibration Tools (x32) \ Argyll_x32 \ bin \ spotread.exe" -c 3
environment = ARGYLL_NOT_INTERACTIVE = 1
delay = 1
debug = 1
calibration = 0
zeroFix = 0

It always tells me

Could you tell me the correct command line or which autocal.ini I should have?

THANK YOU !!!!

521 - 540 of 580 Posts