AVS Forum banner

541 - 560 of 580 Posts

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #541 (Edited)
Hello,
with Tom Hauffman's i1D3 Pro + FakeSensor-Win32-v0.1.4 + i1d3AutoCAL, ¡¡¡ NO PROBLEMS in the JVC AutoCAL !!!

The problem comes with my Klein K10-A which is at COM: 3
For this I am using FakeSensor-Win32-v0.1.4 + i1d3AutoCAL with the following autocal.ini

[autocal]
command = "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Calibration Tools (x32) \ Argyll_x32 \ bin \ spotread.exe" -c 3
environment = ARGYLL_NOT_INTERACTIVE = 1
delay = 1
debug = 1
calibration = 0
zeroFix = 0

It always tells me

Could you tell me the correct command line or which autocal.ini I should have?

THANK YOU !!!!
EDIT: See the next post by @OMARDRIS

·
Registered
223 Posts
Could you tell me the correct command line or which autocal.ini I should have?
Hi @carpantata,
I am not the developer of the FakeSensor solution.
But the K10-A should work with the Spotread.exe. No special driver from ArgyllCMS is needed for this.
Please leave out the parameter "-c3", because the K10-A is connected to a virtual port and the Spotread.exe finds the sensor itself.
But in general I avoid the use of the Spotread.exe, because the handling is a bit cumbersome.
Adjustment K10-A

I think my solution is a little bit easier. ;)
K10-A customization for JVC-AutoCal
Peter

Reactions: carpantata

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all,
Just trying to get this working for my i1 Display Pro. Windows 10 laptop, DLA-X550R. I've done the following:
  • Made a copy of the JVC software (correct one as I've been using it)
  • Connection to projector is working
  • Copied 32 bit spotread.exe into the directory
  • Renamed utocall.ini file to point to this spotread.exe
  • Copied all of fakesensor 32bit into the directory
  • Renamed existing dccmtr.dll to dccmtr.dllOLD
  • Renamed fakesensor.dll to dccmtr.dll
Error message after connecting to Spyder in the JVC app (after it runs the spotread.exe in the command box):
connection to the sensor was cut off
Please unplug USB connection and click retry button

If someone could send me the dll for the alternative version that'd be handy too!

Any ideas?
Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Tim,
please do the following very simple test:
1. restart the laptop.
2. connect the Xrite I1 Display Pro (EODIS3) to the laptop.
3. then double click on the "Spotread.exe".
Then a window should pop up that shows you if the spotread.exe has found the EODIS3. (The spotread.exe is a standalone program that finds the sensors automatically).

If the spotread.exe reports an error, then the Xrite program i1Profiler is probably installed on the laptop. Then, when the laptop is started, a small additional program is loaded that blocks the sensor.
In this case also my alternative solution does not work, because then also my DLL does not get access to the sensor.
The best solution is to uninstall the i1Profiler.
Peter

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks, I got this sorted it was a damaged USB port! Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
100 Posts
Simple q. When you change settings like, making the iris fully open, going on high bulb brightness or loading a new gamma profile, should you re-run the JVC calibration?

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #548 (Edited)
Simple q. When you change settings like, making the iris fully open, going on high bulb brightness or loading a new gamma profile, should you re-run the JVC calibration?
Hight/low lamp requires separate calibrations.
Each iris range (0-3, 4-7, 8-11, 12-15) requires its own colour calibration.
Changing gamma setting alone does not require new calibration.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Domonic appreciate your help, I have a small screen, any advice on IRIS settings?

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #550
Thanks Domonic appreciate your help, I have a small screen, any advice on IRIS settings?
For SDR I use the iris to set the peak white to 60 nits.
For HDR I leave the iris fully open, although some people prefer closing it down a bit for improved contrast.
In any case, this is starting to get off topic for this thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't understand why when you close the iris, there is an improvement in contrast. for me if we reduce the iris it reduces the blacks but also the whites, so the native contrast should remain the same. if anyone can explain to me thanks

·
Registered
JVC NX5 at 140", Denon X4200W (5.1.2) with Axiom Audio speakers + Bass Shakers
2,669 Posts
I can't understand why when you close the iris, there is an improvement in contrast. for me if we reduce the iris it reduces the blacks but also the whites, so the native contrast should remain the same. if anyone can explain to me thanks
Light functions as a wave and is thus subject to cancellation.

No projector lens is perfect and there are internal reflections of light, some of which bounce back toward the light source in the projector and cancel out some of the light.

As you close the iris, you are effectively reducing the area of the lens being used and reducing reflections back towards the light source.

This means that as you close the iris, yes both black and white patterns reduce by the same amount, but as you close the iris, you start canceling out less light from less reflections inside the lens and so white effectively dims less quickly than the black (which has almost no light to reflect in the first place).

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Hi Tim,
please do the following very simple test:
1. restart the laptop.
2. connect the Xrite I1 Display Pro (EODIS3) to the laptop.
3. then double click on the "Spotread.exe".
Then a window should pop up that shows you if the spotread.exe has found the EODIS3. (The spotread.exe is a standalone program that finds the sensors automatically).

If the spotread.exe reports an error, then the Xrite program i1Profiler is probably installed on the laptop. Then, when the laptop is started, a small additional program is loaded that blocks the sensor.
In this case also my alternative solution does not work, because then also my DLL does not get access to the sensor.
The best solution is to uninstall the i1Profiler.
Peter
G'day,

I am having the same problem, when I start the calibration it gets to starting the log, it hangs there for a minute and gives me the error that it lost the connection with the meter. i1profile is not installer or running. Tried multiple USB ports as well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Please do not post in this thread as it’s off topic.
Please read the Autocal instructions which tell you want to expect.
The calibration results are unusable as you have the meter facing the wrong way. The i1D3 should face the screen, reading the centre portion.
You can have the i1D3 face the projector lens, but that requires the diffuser in place, and will not take into consideration the screen for colour calibration.
HI Dominic sorry to bother you.. Is this the same thread i should use for a 640 calibration if not I cant seem to find the other.. This morning by accident I deleted all my saved threads :( JVC Calibration Software V6 For 2015 Models (X9000,X7000,X5000,RS400,RS500,RS600

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #555

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks to OMARDRIS I got my i1d3 working with autocal (tried the ArgyII DLL but didn't manage to get it working). Had my first go tonight but I'm having some issues with the color calibration.

I run a gamma only autocal with everything standard (natural mode, standard color profile, lamp low, AP 0, normal gamma, D65), I did zoom to minimum and used Spyder 5 facing project for the 33 points gamma run - and got a straight line after the calibration.

I then zoom to normal picture size, switch to i1D3 rev.A, set the senor in burst mode, Generic CMF and 5sec integration time. Color only autocal gave me the below CIE chart, so I thought something must be wrong as when I use Spyder 5 for both gamma and color autocal the result was matching the pink rec709 triangle. But I did run another three with AP -5, -10 and -15 all the same CIE chart, and one of it even the gamma result was not off as well. Below is the color result and one of the gamma line I just mentioned.
i1d3 color cal.PNG

i1d3 color cal2.PNG

Run a quick HCFR with i1D3 and below result gave the same color CIE chart:
1617925420300.png

i1d3 color cal3.PNG

Capture.PNG

Quite confused about the result, but will have to try tomorrow or the weekend. But would really appreciate some comments of what could be wrong with either the steps I took or the settings? Thanks a lot in advance.
o_O

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #557 (Edited)
Thanks to OMARDRIS I got my i1d3 working with autocal (tried the ArgyII DLL but didn't manage to get it working). Had my first go tonight but I'm having some issues with the color calibration.

I run a gamma only autocal with everything standard (natural mode, standard color profile, lamp low, AP 0, normal gamma, D65), I did zoom to minimum and used Spyder 5 facing project for the 33 points gamma run - and got a straight line after the calibration.

I then zoom to normal picture size, switch to i1D3 rev.A, set the senor in burst mode, Generic CMF and 5sec integration time. Color only autocal gave me the below CIE chart, so I thought something must be wrong as when I use Spyder 5 for both gamma and color autocal the result was matching the pink rec709 triangle. But I did run another three with AP -5, -10 and -15 all the same CIE chart, and one of it even the gamma result was not off as well. Below is the color result and one of the gamma line I just mentioned.
View attachment 3120508

View attachment 3120511

View attachment 3120509

View attachment 3120513

View attachment 3120516

Quite confused about the result, but will have to try tomorrow or the weekend. But would really appreciate some comments of what could be wrong with either the steps I took or the settings? Thanks a lot in advance.
o_O
The Standard Profile is actually not Rec709. Download the Rec709 profile, or better still, use Rec709F (Rec709F) if you want the green to match better.

·
Registered
745 Posts

View attachment 3120508

View attachment 3120511

View attachment 3120509

View attachment 3120513

View attachment 3120516

o_O
Not sure whether if this will help you or not, but personaly i have noticed that i get the best result when running the autocal. with the i1 display pro. Diffuser in place (ON) and facing/reading from the projector lens. (place the meter about 3 feet in the front of lens and leveled up with it so that u getting the max reading) and choose the AOI mode. normally it's ON when the diffuser in place.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi ,
does this work well for you for both gamma and color

541 - 560 of 580 Posts