AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
There is now an updated version (0.1.2) which also includes a sensor test. It requires FakeSensor.dll so make sure it's not renamed when running the sensor test.
Sensortest failed with this error message:
-could not create process
-could not open sensor

Note that no other application can be using the sensor in the background.
JVC calibration V10 is for Spyder 5 and Fakesensor is dedicated for Spyder 4, is this the point?

·
Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
JVC calibration V10 is for Spyder 5 and Fakesensor is dedicated for Spyder 4, is this the point?
Even though the readme file says Spyder4, I used it with V7 Autocal which expects Spyder5.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I used it semi-successfully with an RS500, and hope to test on an RS4500 very soon. Using the Klein K-10, there was a problem with the ultra fast Klein reading before the pattern was fully rendered, and after reporting this, Steven kindly updated the package with a variable delay. I also tried using a Jeti 1211 to do a color only run, which was successful and resulted in much more accurate colors than I have gotten with any Spyder 5 or the i1D3 (using Steven's previous tool). Thankfully, the Jeti wasn't unbearingly slow even with the dark before-after readings of the JVC software (which I wish they would make optional).
I just installed the new version and specified a .3 second delay and can't wait to try it! It is possible that as little as .1 second is needed, so when I have the opportunity I'll try different settings.
I expect even after adding the small delay that the process will be much, much faster with the Klein than either the Spyder or i1D3. Also, being able to use the Jeti for color should eliminate the need for custom color profiles to correct for meter inaccuracy, which can't be done on the newer models in HDR mode.
Big thanks to Steven for this!
Autocal is much more fun with a K10-A than with the 'official' supported probes. ;)
I use a different DLL that is not based ArgyllCMS but on the Klein SDK.

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Autocal is much more fun with a K10-A than with the 'official' supported probes. ;)
I use a different DLL that is not based ArgyllCMS but on the Klein SDK.
This SDK?

Please could you provide details on which .dll to use and how to install/use it with the Autocal? Thanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
This SDK?

Please could you provide details on which .dll to use and how to install/use it with the Autocal? Thanks!
Yes, that is the SDK.
But you won't find a finished DLL for Autocal in it. You will have to write it yourself with C++ after importing the kclmtr library and header. The functions are the same as in Steven's FakeSensor on Github. In fact, when I wrote it a few months ago, Steven's input helped me a lot to understand it and get it running.

Reactions: riddle and Manni01

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Just a heads up, using the sensortest tool it appears that the delay number recognizes whole seconds only. So there is no difference in read times between delay=0 and delay=.9 or delay=0.9, but there is a difference with delay=1. Similarly, there is no difference between delay=1 and delay=1.9.
I'm going to try FakeSensor with an RS2000 today with delay=1 and will report back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I verify that the path is correct by copy it and then paste and execute this copy in cmd window.
Is there maybe a space in the path name to spotread.exe? Unfortunately this is not allowed.
Peter

·
Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Is there maybe a space in the path name to spotread.exe? Unfortunately this is not allowed.
Peter
Has anyone tried copying spotread.exe file into the Autocal folder and leave out the path in the ini file?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Both the Klein and the Jeti are working well with an RS2000 and SW 11 v1.20.
Using a 1 second delay.
Gamma, done with the Klein, turned out better than I am used to seeing. Colors, done with the Jeti, were super close except for white, which was off by 2.4 dEitp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ok... so this hack seems like a non starter for the average person.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi, does some one know if ArgyllCMS will support X-Rite i1PRO3 too?
If you use your K10-A, have profiled it against a spectro and activate a saved Cal File, then you could do Autocal for gamma and color.

Reactions: riddle

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
If you use your K10-A, have profiled it against a spectro and activate a saved Cal File, then you could do Autocal for gamma and color.
How would we activate a saved profile in the Klein in this process? I don’t know what profile it uses by default, but I’m guessing the first factory saved profile, not any of the user ones. If I could activate a user generated profile it could save me from having to do a separate color run with the Jeti.

·
Registered
404 Posts
How would we activate a saved profile in the Klein in this process? I don’t know what profile it uses by default, but I’m guessing the first factory saved profile, not any of the user ones. If I could activate a user generated profile it could save me from having to do a separate color run with the Jeti.
I read that Steven is looking into the ability to provide parameters for spotread.exe. At the moment it defaults to Cal File 0.

If you are interested in an alternative, send me a PM.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts