AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I heard this term gets thrown around a lot but doesn't understand what it means. I know that it's a calibration tools, but when I visit Adyssey website, they have a whole bunch of different products. This is confusing me because every time someone on this forum talks about calibration, they seems to be talking about 1 Audyssey product.

Would someone be able to help out this poor soul to understand? Thanks,

·
Registered
30,797 Posts
The reference is to basic Audyssey setup and room equalization. It comes in 3 varieties: 2EQ, MultEQ and MultEQ XT, in order of increasing sophistication. All the other Audyssey products build on these.

·
Registered
633 Posts
they license their technology to the manufacturers for the most part...you don't buy direct from them. onkyo & denon are among the most common receivers to use the technology.

in essence, a self-tuning system. the receiver listens to itself play test tones through your speakers, in your room, and adjusts accordingly. otherwise (if you wanted it right) you would be doing the same thing, and adjusting volume and eq by hand, for every channel. let's hear it for DSP!

other manufacturers have their own versions of the same idea...yamaha/ypao, pioneer/mcacc(?), many others. audyssey is (mostly) accepted as the best, though as with anything, there are many conflicting opinions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts