AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having difficulties trying to figure out how to remux a m2v video file and an ac3 (or wav) audio file using BBtools (ok, I'm new to video processing). Can someone provide me with some specific instructions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a simple way to do it which works for me in making a DVD compliant MPG with one audio stream, there may be others....

1)Open avi2mpg2 (using v 1.24b18 for example)

2)Under XP there is a file dialog "feature" which can cause the program to close down when accessing a file dialog we'll need later. There is a patched dll, or another method is simply to click the "Add" button under the File List area and then close it down.

3)Click "Start Encoding" button

4)Click "Settings" button

5)Click "Program Stream Settings" Tab

6)Select "~DVD" Program Stream Type - Leave everything else on default

7)Click "Input and Output files" Tab

8)Use the "Open VS" tab to choose your MPEG-2 video, you may have to change the filter to see your file, depending on its extension

9)Use the "Open AS1" tab to choose your audio, either MPEG-1 Layer 2 or AC3. Again you may have to change the filter to see your file

10)Use the "Open PS" tab to choose the name of your required output MPG file

11)Click "General Settings" tab and make sure "Multiplex Video" and "Multiplex Audio" are checked

12) "OK" that stuff!

13) Click "Start" and wait .... a bit (!)

That should give you a muxed file, as specified in 10)!

I don't think the MPEG spec allow you to mux a MP2 video with a wav file - you should convert it to either AC3 or MPEG audio first

Hope this helps :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.