AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that use MyHD, are you using both RF inputs on the card? I understand that you can set up a Favorites list with channels from both inputs, and while you 'surf' the favorites list, MyHD will seemlessly change the input for you. I'm curious if anyone does this and how well it works for you. I'd like to plug OTA in one input and cable in the other, but as for the channel surfing experience (especially for my g/f) I don't want to have to deal with switching inputs to surf through all available channels from both sources.

Also, the latest version of the MyHD software has a program guide in HD/Full-Screen-Mode (OSD). Does anyone have any thoughts on how well this works/doesn't work? Is it tied to TitanTV or does it grab info using some other means? Can you schedule recurring recordings from this guide? If you are in 'Favorite' mode, does the program guide show you a custom listing based on your 'favorites' setup?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I haven't yet set up both inputs (but I will be doing so soon), so I can't speak on that issue.

The full-screen Epg, uses PSIP, which is a technology that broadcasters use to embed information on a show in the signal. PSIP implementation is spotty right now. Depending on your station, you may get correct, detailed information, or simply "DTV program", or even "No Information". It all depends on if they have PSIP set up. You can schedule recordings from this OSD by selecting the program (or time slot). For more information, read the new manual that comes with the 1.60 release drivers+program, which can be found on this forum.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Schmoe - I believe I have seen other posts for the dual input favorites list you are inquiring about. I do not do this, but it appeared as though it was fairly seamless. The full screen program guide is nice, but is dependent on whether your local stations are transmitting that information within the PSIP stream (at least this is my understanding) - but, the locals in my area are not - so I have to use TitanTV...I do not know if you can schedule recordings from there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.