AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to use both the RF and video inputs. My problem is that I have some digital cable channels and some non-digital channels like HBO on the RF input. The Replay TV wants to use the digital box for all channels. I need it to use the internal tuner to tune directly off the cable for HBO.

Any Ideas?

Kurt

·
Registered
675 Posts
Setup both inputs and in the channel you receive disable all dupicate channels that you don't want to record from.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to be dumb but, I have disabled (deleted) channels but how do I delete them from a particular source.

Thanks

Kurt

·
Registered
381 Posts
It will add 500 or 1000 to one set of the channels. I set mine up that way the digital cable channels are the original numbers the analog have 500 added to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to get the ReplayTV box to change the way

the renumbering of channels is done? I have cable TV where most stations come through without a decoder box. This cable is connected to the RF port. I also have a digital cable box decoder and it's connected to the audio/video #1 ports. When setup is complete, the digital cable channels are first and the original cable stations are prefixed with 1000. I now have to page through several hundred stations just to get to the stations that don't use the cable box.

I'd like the digital cable stations to be prefixed with the 1000 or somesuch number and leave the original channels alone.

Bill

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Not a real solution, but -- you can avoid the paging through by typing a channel number and hitting enter, to jump to that channel in the guide.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Do you actually watch all those hundreds of channels? Go into the Add/Remove Channels setup screen and delete all the channels that you never watch.

And even if you changed the numbering scheme, you would still have to page through hundreds of channels, since the channel you start at when pressing Channel Guide might be in the digital range. When you press that button, it always starts you at the last channel you were watching or recording, not at the lowest numbered channel. So as far as paging through the channel guide is concerned, it doesn't matter which version gets the high or low numbers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TWPaulus
Setup both inputs and in the channel you receive disable all dupicate channels that you don't want to record from.:)
I don't know exactly what is meant by this explanation. Would this same thing go for the 4000 series? and if so how would i do it. Sorry new to the replay community.

Jdini

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, it should work the same on the 4000's. You need to assign different line-ups to each input source. There should be "CableCo cable-ready" and "CableCo" (or "CableCo Digital") line-ups; assign the cable-ready line-up to the Ant/CATV input, and the other one to the Line 1 input (if you don't have a separate cable-ready line-up, you need to contact SB to get them to add it).

One of the line-ups (usually the cable-ready) will have the channel numbers shifted by 1000. Go into Setup->Add or Remove Channels and delete the duplicates from one line-up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.