AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a reciever with 11" or less depth and so that has led me to these htib setups that have smaller receivers. I have already wired pyle in ceiling speakers into my house. They say they are about 3.8 to 4ohms. So my question.... Is there a problem using one these htib receivers with my own speakers. Im looking at either the panasonic sc bt200 or the samsung ht z320t. Also is there anywhere to purchase these type of dvd receivers without the speakers since i dont need them?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I don't know which speakers you have but HTiB "receivers" are usually only intended to run the speakers they include. I think you'll find that they are seriously underpowered for anything other than their own little speakers. Not only that, but they have proprietary plugs for the speakers and you'll have to splice the wire to the speaker plugs that come with it to make it work.

It would look harder for alternative receivers, you might find something but maybe not from common electronics manufacturers you find in the store like Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer, etc... This TEAC receiver is just over 11" deep --> http://www.teac.com/consumer_electro...ners/ag-d2000/

and may work for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pyle ceiling soeakers 5 & 1/2 inch and looking into it further its hard to find the impedance rating on these things but i believe they are 4/to8 ohms. I cant see anyone selling home theatre speakers that are only 4 ohms when virtualy every receiver is rated for 8 ohms. Anyways i know i need to splice the wires that is not a problem. As far as do the htib receivers have enough power.... The ones im looking at are rated at 1000 watts. I know that they are probably overated on watts bit my old rca receiver only has 50 watts per speaker and seams to push them fine. Anyone elses input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the reply by the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts