AVS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hi Scott

I’m researching whether to get a Vertex2 or a Diva or keep my Vertex to enable lldv control a jvc x7000 maybe drive a second projector.

Maybe I was the one asking about masking for “Nolanesque” movies, it might be a reason to upgrade.

Put me down as an interested party for CIH automation. Ideally I would want to run 2.35:1 zoomed overscan and fit everything within that but I’d be interested in anything that might work with lens memories too. Masking tied to it would be interesting too.

Looks like I should order a Diva to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Scott

I’m researching whether to get a Vertex2 or a Diva or keep my Vertex to enable lldv control a jvc x7000 maybe drive a second projector.

Maybe I was the one asking about masking for “Nolanesque” movies, it might be a reason to upgrade.

Put me down as an interested party for CIH automation. Ideally I would want to run 2.35:1 zoomed overscan and fit everything within that but I’d be interested in anything that might work with lens memories too. Masking tied to it would be interesting too.

Looks like I should order a Diva to be on the safe side.
I confirmed with HDFury today that the key difference in Diva and Vertex 2 is that the Diva is configured to always downscale the second output to 1080p where the Vertex2 can output 18Ghz 4K on both outputs. The Vertex2 can optionally downscale the second output to 1080p but if the source is HDR, it stays HDR, because the Vertex2 does not have the extra processor that does HDR->SDR conversion in the Diva.

I originally wanted to loopback through the Vertex but I recently had the idea to run a second screen either at the rack as a monitor or outside the theater as a preview/bar screen. If it is a small screen I would not need/want 4k HDR, when 1080p SDR will look just as good.

Does the original Vertex do LLDV? You may find that you need both depending on your config. I could benefit from a second HDFury device to avoid the loopback, but I don't really need two of their high end units.

HDFury is looking for Likes of the top post to gauge interest. I may end up making a duplicate thread over in the Video Processor forum to broaden the audience as this forum is a smaller community.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Does the original Vertex do LLDV? You may find that you need both depending on your config. I could benefit from a second HDFury device to avoid the loopback, but I don't really need two of their high end units.

HDFury is looking for Likes of the top post to gauge interest. I may end up making a duplicate thread over in the Video Processor forum to broaden the audience as this forum is a smaller community.

I can do lldv with the vertex I have already but my AVR doesn’t pass DV (even lldv) so I need the vertex before the avr which means I can only use it for two inputs. That might be enough but maybe it’s time to upgrade, six hours of train travel today seemed a good time to read up.

I’ve added my like but having read all of the vertex2 and Diva threads they don’t seem particularly keen on doing this.

Hoping to have some time tomorrow to try some different configurations with the vertex so I can work out what I really need.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I can do lldv with the vertex I have already but my AVR doesn’t pass DV (even lldv) so I need the vertex before the avr which means I can only use it for two inputs. That might be enough but maybe it’s time to upgrade, six hours of train travel today seemed a good time to read up.

I’ve added my like but having read all of the vertex2 and Diva threads they don’t seem particularly keen on doing this.

Hoping to have some time tomorrow to try some different configurations with the vertex so I can work out what I really need.
I have to ask how many DV capable sources do you plan to use? A streamer and a disc player should cover you.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
This isn't really an option, unfortunately. Older anamorphic lenses will not pass 4k detail. You need a Panamorph Paladin lens. The Paladin line are designed for permanent installation. Panamorph does not make a lens sled for them, and the lens will not mount to older sleds. (Believe me, I tried.)

I suppose if you're handy you could custom build something.
If I may chime in, older prism based adapters (even with a correction element) will struggle with 4k but a cylindrical lens has the ability to resolve beyond 4K because the adjustmentable lens design where you are able to change the spacing between the lenses.
My lens resolves true 4k to the point where the interpixek gaps can be see resulting in jaggies on text.
The only problem is short throws where the lens may suffer vignetting.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have to ask how many DV capable sources do you plan to use? A streamer and a disc player should cover you.

It’s just an apple tv for dv, a uhd bluray player which needs the vertex to block hdr flag and tell the jvc projector what profile to load. That all fits but I have a htpc running madvr for hdr tone mapping and that needs to signal bt2020 or bt709 as appropriate, probably I can do the htpc another way, just need to experiment a little.

For now I’m working abroad for a couple of weeks so I’d rather leave everything working smoothly for my wife while I’m away.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts