AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,could someone tell me what type pf splitter I should use to hook up my monitor and my lcd tv to my computer to be able to use them both as monitors,not at the same time.Without losing resolution from the source.It is a vga connection.

Thanks a lot!!

sorry if I posted in the wrong forum

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Both monitors need to be connected to your video card and set up in windows. Use the input key on your remote to switch from tv inputs to your vga/computer input. Windows setup varies by OS and should be covered at microsoft.

HTH,

Rick

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
As lon as you plan to use the same resolution over VGA to both unts you can normally get with an VGA Y splitter. Costing a few details. I have often used this solution when to both the presenters PC and a Projector in conference rooms. In some cases there is an impedence problem and you have to use a powered splitter instead.

If you have a graphics card with two VGA connections you then of course can connect both of them at the same time and if you run the seconday display in clone mode again you will be restricted to the same resolution on both.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts
Depending on the graphics card output, a simple splitter may or may not work. The correct way to do it is with a 2>1 VGA distribution amp.

For the LCD to display the PC signal, the PC must output a signal the LCD can accept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts