AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HTPC connected to the TV through HDMI, that takes care of the sound. The soundcard is integrated Realtek HD audio

I would like to have my wireless Sennheiser TR-110 headphones connected all the time. but if I connect them to the TV, the TV speakers will mute, if I plugged the in the HTPC, the TV speakers mute as well.

is there a way to have the speakers and headphones working at the same time? Speakers are connected through HDMI, headphones have a 3.5mm stereo plug.

I want to be able to mute the TV and use the headphones without going to the HTPC and plugging them in. On the other hand if I forget them plugged in, I don't want my wife to start complaining that the TV sound is not working, well because I forgot to unplug the headphones. The headphones have an independent volume and ON/OFF switch so I don't care about the volume or muting,

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Windows can only use one audio device at a time. If your TVv has a "HDMI/DVI" input with a separate analog audio use a 3.5" mm splitter. That's what I had to do for my bedroom setup.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/18298285

Windows can only use one audio device at a time. If your TVv has a "HDMI/DVI" input with a separate analog audio use a 3.5" mm splitter. That's what I had to do for my bedroom setup.

Windows can play to multiple audio devices at the same time. The software used may not do this though.

·
Banned
439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funken2 /forum/post/18296966

My HTPC connected to the TV through HDMI, that takes care of the sound. The soundcard is integrated Realtek HD audio

I would like to have my wireless Sennheiser TR-110 headphones connected all the time. but if I connect them to the TV, the TV speakers will mute, if I plugged the in the HTPC, the TV speakers mute as well.

is there a way to have the speakers and headphones working at the same time? Speakers are connected through HDMI, headphones have a 3.5mm stereo plug.

I want to be able to mute the TV and use the headphones without going to the HTPC and plugging them in. On the other hand if I forget them plugged in, I don't want my wife to start complaining that the TV sound is not working, well because I forgot to unplug the headphones. The headphones have an independent volume and ON/OFF switch so I don't care about the volume or muting,

Thanks for any suggestions

You didn't specify the exact make/model/verisons of hardware/software that you are using?

Three thoughts:

1-
http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/p/37568/430920.aspx says, "... I wanted to confirm that under Windows 7 64 I have sucessfully used the rtkhdaud.dat to enable simltaneous analog and digital outputs with realtek dirver 6.0.1.598 ..."

2- Could you move your wireless tranmiter to your receiver and connect your HDMI through your receiver to your TV. If you could not find a setting in your TV to enable it audio out while using HDMI audio in, then perhaps you will be able to do this using your receiver connections/settings. Perhaps you do not have a receiver you can use?

3- Don't waste $50 buying into some re-pay software, like J. River, just to be able to simultaneusly use earphones thru analog and HDMI audio.

iq100

the best way to delete an idea is to post one of your own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by iq100 /forum/post/18301075

You didn't specify the exact make/model/verisons of hardware/software that you are using?

Three thoughts:

1-
thegreenbutton.com/forums/p/37568/430920.aspx says, "... I wanted to confirm that under Windows 7 64 I have sucessfully used the rtkhdaud.dat to enable simltaneous analog and digital outputs with realtek dirver 6.0.1.598 ..."

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS:

I am using Win 7 Home Premium and Media Center, Intel i7 , Realtek High Definition Audio with up to 7.1 surround sound capabilities,

My driver is 6.0.1.5938, I am just using an OEM drivers that came with my htpc

my TV/monitor is vizio vl260m connected w/HDMI

it does not have any outputs in the back ,only inputs.

and headphone OUT on the side.

sorry I dont know how to find out more info about the hardware. please let me know how to do it. for some reasons Icant post a link. will try to make screenshots later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iq100 /forum/post/18301075

2- Could you move your wireless tranmiter to your receiver and connect your HDMI through your receiver to your TV. If you could not find a setting in your TV to enable it audio out while using HDMI audio in, then perhaps you will be able to do this using your receiver connections/settings. Perhaps you do not have a receiver you can use?

I dont have a receiver, I am using my PC as HT receiver

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver /forum/post/18299098

Windows can play to multiple audio devices at the same time. The software used may not do this though.

I use use Media Center and winamp, sometimes VLC or Youtube/flash player

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Look up your Mother Board specs. It's analog out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts