AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased the Integral 2 and its scheduled to arrive Today. Only thing I plan on using the Integral 2 for is to act as an HDMI 4k splitter so I can hook up my PS5 to one of the Integral inputs and get lossless audio to my older non 4k preamp with the first HDMI out and then use the 2nd HDMI out on the Integral to pass the 4k60 HDR video to my projector. I dont need to do any conversion, scaling, etc....I just need the unit to act as a splitter and passthrough device.

In light of the above, is there anything additional I need to do as far as setup besides simply plug in the PS5 to the Integral 2 and run 2 HDMI cables out to my preamp and projector?

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Just purchased the Integral 2 and its scheduled to arrive Today. Only thing I plan on using the Integral 2 for is to act as an HDMI 4k splitter so I can hook up my PS5 to one of the Integral inputs and get lossless audio to my older non 4k preamp with the first HDMI out and then use the 2nd HDMI out on the Integral to pass the 4k60 HDR video to my projector. I dont need to do any conversion, scaling, etc....I just need the unit to act as a splitter and passthrough device.

In light of the above, is there anything additional I need to do as far as setup besides simply plug in the PS5 to the Integral 2 and run 2 HDMI cables out to my preamp and projector?
You might need to flash firmware if you did not buy it from HDfury.com.
Out of the box, make sure Scaling slide is on autoscaling, connect TOP OUTPUT to AVR INPUT and BOTTOM OUTPUT to PJ INPUT.

If you did not buy from HDfury.COM, please let us know, so we can send you latest firmware available via PM (or send us email)
If any problem, export config when problem manifests and add it as attachment to your reply. See usermanual p43

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You might need to flash firmware if you did not buy it from HDfury.com.
Out of the box, make sure Scaling slide is on autoscaling, connect TOP OUTPUT to AVR INPUT and BOTTOM OUTPUT to PJ INPUT.

If you did not buy from HDfury.COM, please let us know, so we can send you latest firmware available via PM (or send us email)
If any problem, export config when problem manifests and add it as attachment to your reply. See usermanual p43
Appreciate you helping me out here. :)

I bought the Integral 2 from HD Fury on Monday and received it Wed so it sounds like I should have the latest FW? I'm not at home so I cant look right st the moment.

I've got the unit setup as you describe and with scaling set to auto. What should I set Edid and HDCP to? I'm using a Onkyo 885 preamp FWIW which has HDMI 1.3a inputs. Projector is a JVC RS540 which takes a 4k 60 HDR signal.

EDIT: I did do a factory reset on the unit last night so not sure if that put me back to the original FW?

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG.....This is absolutely maddening. I had everything working finally and then I unlocked the FW to check to make sure I have the latest version (I do) and now I cant get audio. Getting audio is the issue I've had and I finally did something playing around with things and it triggered my preamp and boom, audio. Now it's gone and I have no idea why or even how I got it going in the first place. Video is coming through just fine. Super frustrating.

Scale set to auto scaling. Edid and HDCP set to middle position/default.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
OMG.....This is absolutely maddening. I had everything working finally and then I unlocked the FW to check to make sure I have the latest version (I do) and now I cant get audio. Getting audio is the issue I've had and I finally did something playing around with things and it triggered my preamp and boom, audio. Now it's gone and I have no idea why or even how I got it going in the first place. Video is coming through just fine. Super frustrating.

Scale set to auto scaling. Edid and HDCP set to middle position/default.
Sorry i haven't followed here recently, send me PM or join our discord server for immediate help.
If you still need help, please send config export (add it as attachment to your reply)

·
Registered
16,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry i haven't followed here recently, send me PM or join our discord server for immediate help.
If you still need help, please send config export (add it as attachment to your reply)
Appreciate the help, but it's been working with no issues since I last posted. :cool: I'll let you know if I have any future issues though and thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts