AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a Squeezebox Classic at work for about a year now and I absolutely love it but the problem is I can't always see the display to change stations etc. So this Christmas I treated myself to the Duet, but I had nothing but problems with it, mainly that the battery would not charge. I returned it, then I found out on Logitechs website that there are a few iPod Touch apps that can control my current Squeezebox:

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_third_party.html#iphone

I bought the iPeng app for -$10 and it's fantastic! It's cheaper to buy an iPod and use it as a controller than to buy the Logitech Duet controller.

· Registered
508 Posts
Good info, but its a more expensive option. The difference in price between a Squeezebox Classic and a Squeezebox duet is around $100, but the cheapest iPod Touch is over $200. Still, if you also need a new mp3 player, its definitely the way to go.

· Registered
185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaugh /forum/post/16257842

Good info, but its a more expensive option. The difference in price between a Squeezebox Classic and a Squeezebox duet is around $100, but the cheapest iPod Touch is over $200. Still, if you also need a new mp3 player, its definitely the way to go.

If you're strictly on price, it depends:

If you do have the Classic, then the iPod touch is cheaper than the Controller (even including iPeng).

You can even theoretically use a Squeezebox Receiver without the Controller (but you need a free tool called Net::UDAP to configure it, don't know how well that works) - again, the cheaper option.

But most people will use this if they already own an iPod touch or an iPhone and then it's definitely the budget option

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.