AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have one 4 pair socket behind my tv and I want to use a pair of economisers to split the 4 pairs into 2 sets of 2 to use a connection to my router with two pairs and a IR emitter on the other 2.

I've checked both pairs work connecting to the router by test either side of the economiser on my router and checked connections so I know my wall point is good and the economisers work.

I'm struggling to get the emitter to work though. I've connected it without the economisers and found the emitters work using pins 7 and 8 (buy cutting the cables one by one in the cable till the emitter stops). Because the economiser uses 1,2,3,6 on one side and 4,5,7,8 on the other I decided to "covert" the first side for convenience and re router pins 1 and 2 to 7 and 8 on either side of the economiser but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone tried this before with success... I'm struggling to understand why this doesn't work.

John

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update : I ended up splitting the cat5 at either end putting 2 plugs on, one with 1-6 and one with 7+8 for the emitter, works fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts