AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I purchased a 8MB compact flash card for my LT150 and created a welcome screen for my home theater. I created the screen in Powerpoint and when my LT150 is first powered on it goes to this slide, has anyone else used this feature and how did your welcome screens turn out?

Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've thought about this but haven't had the time to create an image. Looks like the projector can read *.jpg images so I'll whip out something cool in photoshop.

I'd like to see a pic of yours.

CM

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have used 1G IBM micro drive for photos of my family. Since it got pretty hot, I stopped using it on my LT150 and now I'm using 96MB CF memory.

Do you think there will be any harm if I use microdrive?

------------------

Jason

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know I'm guilty of not wanting to read the manual, but how does this feature work? Do you just leave the card on, and the projector will 'boot' with it while it warms up? Or do you have to switch source, etc?

JoseQ

------------------
http://www.speedhost.com
a href= http://www.emuviews.com

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
I believe the projector has a built-in feature called "logo transfer" that will allow you to download a BMP or GIF image up to 64KB in size. Once downloaded and saved, this image will display during warmup or any time no signal is present on the selected input, in place of the standard blus or black background. No card required.

Gary

·
Registered
728 Posts
I use the CF feature a fair amount for slideshows while the crowd settles down. With 11 folders of 128 images each maximum, I can fit about 1400 images on a large enough flash card. The 48mb card that I use most often has around 500 images on it. Each folder has a theme, from Disneyland to Test Patterns to (ahem) Batchelor Party. Typical 300k jpegs look great! Setting the slideshow for 5 seconds/image yields about 11 minutes per folder. Plugging the CF card into the LT150 enables it under the source menu.

The logo that I use currently is a shot of a field near my house that I took last Christmas at sunrise. It took a fair amount of fiddling to get the jpeg down below 64k- the size limit for logos. Up close, you can see the artifacts, but at any reasonable distance, it just looks like a wavy sea of green with a pastel blue sky above.

You can also use a bmp as a logo, but it will look awful blown up to xga resolution, unless it is a simple graphic. I tried the classic "Indian Head" test pattern in both bmp and jpeg modes, and it was way too jaggy.

BTW, the CF slideshow feature isn't PC-centric; I did all the editing and loading on a Mac, just plug the card into the USB reader and it shows up on the desktop, like any other storage device.

If you like text instead of pictures, the LT150 does handle _very_ basic html, but using a USB mouse is far easier than trying to click on links with the remote.

apg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.