AVS Forum banner

using Media Center Studio to customize WMC

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  woody777 
#1 ·
Does anybody use this program? This is probably the most infuriating software I've encountered in my HTPC.

Custom icons shrink way down, I can't change the background. Can anybody help me? There is very little info online and the MCS forums seem pretty dead.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 /forum/post/18279753

Never heard about it. what kinds of things can it do?

It is an editor for Media Center. You can customize MC to look the way you want it to look. Add custom buttons to launch programs from within MC, hide buttons that your don't use, etc. etc.

Great Program.

I have used the one before this one called MC Menu Mender for Windows Vista.

Media Center Studio is for Win 7.

#5 ·
I just delete the theme if I mess it up. I downloaded a custom theme that got me 99% of the way there. I'm just trying to change the background. I browse to the background image I want and apply the theme... it looks fine in the preview, but them when I launch Media Center nothing changed.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody777 /forum/post/18279879

I just delete the theme if I mess it up. I downloaded a custom theme that got me 99% of the way there. I'm just trying to change the background. I browse to the background image I want and apply the theme... it looks fine in the preview, but them when I launch Media Center nothing changed.

hmm....try this:

Use Task Manager and kill all processes related to Media Center (would be named as 'eh....').

Apply the background and save it.

Exit from MC Studio and start MC to see if it took.

#7 ·
I only use it to remove all the items I will never use, and to move items around.

For example, I removed all the sports items and renamed that line to NetFlix, then put the NetFlix Plugin into that line. I also added MediaBrowser to the main TV line and renamed it Movies.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent /forum/post/18279947

hmm....try this:

Use Task Manager and kill all processes related to Media Center (would be named as 'eh....').

Apply the background and save it.

Exit from MC Studio and start MC to see if it took.

I don't have any eh processes running.

Would it matter if the file is a jpg? It defaults looking for a png.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.