AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Do you think I could wire the 3 channels together from the "MIRAGE-UNI-THEATER" so I could use all the speakers in the unit for a center channel?

Why would I want to do this? unbeatable price on this unit. vs a omd c-1

- Randy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
Do you think I could wire the 3 channels together from the "MIRAGE-UNI-THEATER" so I could use all the speakers in the unit for a center channel?

Why would I want to do this? unbeatable price on this unit. vs a omd c-1

- Randy
I was wondering the same thing. You can get those Mirage bars for relatively cheap these days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering the same thing. You can get those Mirage bars for relatively cheap these days.
I talked to Klipsch customer service today and recieved one of the "less than helpful" techs. All he said was " this is not what it's meant for, I don't recommend this and I will not help you". Very by the book.

I don't see why you couldn't wire the 3 speaker channels in series-parallel to make this work.

- Randy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up buying a OMDC-1 because the deal was right . Look at the driver size difference below. The OMDC-1 has bigger drivers, but less of them.

OMDC-1

Two 5.5-inch Poly Titanium Deposit Hybrid woofers
1-inch PTH tweeter brings OMNIPOLAR technology to life
4" Poly Titanium Deposit Hybrid driver

Uni Theater

3/4" Tweeter, 3" Midrange, dual 4-1/2" woofers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.