AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Media Browser up and running and am loving it so far, but seem to have an issue using MPC-HC to play my Blu Ray rips (folder structure format) from Media Browser. In the Media Browser configuration section I have every media type setup to launch the media player classic exe using the /play parameter but when navigating to a Blur Ray rip folder, containing the folder structure of the Blu ray movie, MPC opens but the Blu Ray rip does not start playing.

If I open MPC outside of Media Browser and open the folder containing the Blu Ray rip the movie opens and plays in MPC without issue. Is there another parameter I need to set in the Media Browser config area or is using MPC as an external play to play folder structure Blu Ray rips not supported via Media Browser?

The folder structure of my rips is below, the rip for the movie The Express. I used AnyDVD to rip the Blu Ray disc, any help is greatly appreciated.

x:\\Movies\\The_Express\\Express\\BDMV\\.. several folders here including the Stream folder.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
These are two different flow sequences.

When you start MPC outside of MB, and use MPC's 'Play' command to open a folder/file, it is directly going to play it.

When MB launches MPC, it simply opens the program. From there onwards there needs to be a command sequence to get MPC to play the folder/file.

MB simply launches the correct program for a particular file type. Once the program is launched, MB is no longer in use and is not present in the chain at all. What happens after that is up to the program.

Check and see if MPC has a setting for automatic playback. Also, you might want to set MPC as the default player in Windows settings (if you have not already done so).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I was under the impression that the /play command would get the files playing in PMC from Media Browser as this works when playing mkv files.

I'll try setting MPC as the default in Windows, what file type would I need to associate to MPC for Blu Ray Rips that are in the folder structure of the blu ray? File types .bdmv and .mts?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop01 /forum/post/18291850

Thanks for the info, I was under the impression that the /play command would get the files playing in PMC from Media Browser as this works when playing mkv files.

I'll try setting MPC as the default in Windows, what file type would I need to associate to MPC for Blu Ray Rips that are in the folder structure of the blu ray? File types .bdmv and .mts?

Go to 'Start Menu', click on 'Default Programs'. In the DP window, click on 'AutoPlay Settings'. APS can also be found in Control Panel.

Choose your preferred program from the drop-down box for each file type.

And then click 'Save' at the bottom.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop01 /forum/post/18291533

I just got Media Browser up and running and am loving it so far, but seem to have an issue using MPC-HC to play my Blu Ray rips (folder structure format) from Media Browser.

x:\\Movies\\The_Express\\Express\\BDMV\\.. several folders here including the Stream folder.

snoop01. I know this is a month after your initial question and you may have worked it out. I had the same issue and solved it by pulling the m2ts file out of STREAM folder and placing it in the main movie folder. Using your example above it would be x:\\Movies\\The_Express\\00001.m2ts (or whatever number it is and hopefully there is only one m2ts file)

there are other changes that I did that may or may not have had an effect.

Also you may want to change your MB external player parameters switches to /fullscreen /play /close so MPC will open in fullscreen, begin play and close when you stop it which returns you to MB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts