AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using my Showstoppers and Dish for a few years and I've run into a dilemma and I want to see if anyone here has a fix.

Evidently someone in my area has a dish UHF remote that is interfering with my Dish 4900. No probem, I just change the remote code to 5 and bam, no more interference. Problem is, my showstopper will no longer change the channells on the Dish receiver. It seems it will only work on the dish if the dish remote code is 1.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
354 Posts
One way to deal with it is to make your neighbor deal with it. Of course, you could be polite and look around to see which neighbor (probably within 4 houses of your own) has an Echostar dish on his/her roof and then discuss things with them. If you are not so civil you could sit down and watch TV and when you get a spurious channel change, start changing channels all over the place. At the very least you will convince your neighbor that his/her receiver is malfunctioning but hopefully the neighbor will, like you, realize that there is a frequency issue and change their frequency.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Another way might be to unplug the UHF antenna on the 4900 and just use IR, if/when you need to use the DISH remote. I believe I tried that and it disabled UHF. BTW I rarely use the DISH remotes for anything anyway so it's no loss.

Last time I looked only the Dish Unit 1 code was blaster supported.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bkushner
It seems it will only work on the dish if the dish remote code is 1.
That's correct. I talked with an Echostar engineer last year when there was a problem with stray UHF affecting remote extenders and changing the remote code to something besides 1 was a fix. But that disabled the ability of the ReplayTV to control the DishNetwork receiver so it wasn't a viable fix.

-Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.