AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TV in the MBR on a Direc-TV HD box. I have a second TV in the Master Bath. Everything runs from a central box in the middle of the house. The MBR has two coax lines to it. Can I run the MBR TV off of an HDMI and run another signal through the second coax back to the central box and then couple it to the MBath cable and get the same signal to the second TV?

The reason for the question is that I don't see a COAX out plug on the HD Converter box, just HDMI and and Component. So how do I carry the HD out signal through the other Coax cable?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was starting to gather that from the other research I have done. Is there not a converter that will carry the signal? I just don't have rom for a box in the MBath.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
You can probably run an analog ch 3/4 RF modulator if your D* box (which you didn't identify...) has A/V outputs. SD, of course.

Otherwise, there is no practical and affordable ATSC or QAM modulator that I know of that will allow you to use the existing coax and still maintain HD. Such modulators are available, but are quite expensive.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89 /forum/post/19527202

You can probably run an analog ch 3/4 RF modulator if your D* box (which you didn't identify...) has A/V outputs. SD, of course. Otherwise, there is no practical and affordable ATSC or QAM modulator that I know of hat will allow you to use the existing coax and still maintain HD. Such modulators are availability, but are expensive.

I use a modulaltor from a Direct TV box to another room using an existing coax and it works fine. Radio Shack has these modulators resonably priced, at least they used to. It has been several years since I bought mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts