Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a rotel RMB-1095 power amp to connect it to my pioneer VSX-49TX and use it has a pre-amp. Anyone has tried using the 49TX as pre-amp? Would there be substantial difference?

Also, as I have a 7.1 speakers. Would it be advisable to just connect 5 of the speakers to the power amp and leave the 2 rear centres connected to my pioneer 49TX? Will this work?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I used my 49tx as a pre for a while with my parasound 2205. I use paradigm studio 100s, the receiver would shut down under big loads. (I believe pioneer has fixed this issue in the newer models)

I noticed with the amp the bass was tighter and more pronounced, a lot more reserve with my speakers, but other than that not a night and day difference. The amps in the pioneer are very good so unless you have very power hungry speakers I would spend your money on speaker upgrades or room treatments;)

Btw I just bought a 53tx and tested it on my 5.1 paradigm studios and I watched the matrix reloaded the first 10 min. at -6 without the amp and no shutdowns or serious straining. I was impressed considering it has 30 watts less per channel than my old 49tx:confused:

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Bob.

I am in a dilemma as someone is selling a used Rotel 1095. I did not suffer from any shutdown from my pioneer, listening at -5db. I might re-consider the purchase if there is no significant difference if I will to buy the Rotel 1095.

Any others can share your views or experience?

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by iuhne
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a rotel RMB-1095 power amp to connect it to my pioneer VSX-49TX and use it has a pre-amp. Anyone has tried using the 49TX as pre-amp? Would there be substantial difference?

Also, as I have a 7.1 speakers. Would it be advisable to just connect 5 of the speakers to the power amp and leave the 2 rear centres connected to my pioneer 49TX? Will this work?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
you will have no problem running the 2 rear centers off of the pioneer receiver and using a separate power amp to power th eother 5 channels....

in fact you can mix and match all you want..... center channel off of the receiver and the rest of the channels from separate power amps....

the only problem might come when matching channel levels.... if your outboard amps are alot more powerful, the receiver builtin amps might not be able to keep up.....

but then again.... using it for the rear surrounds should not tax your receiver's amps much at all....

i have pioneer elite vsx-55txi that i use as a preamp with separate power amps... i use the rear surround amps that are builtin to power a set of speakers in another room.... you can select "2nd zone" or "rear surround" as options in the menu.....

cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.