AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon AVR-2805 receiver in my family room. I have a CD player hooked to it via an optical (Toslink) connector.

I also have a second receiver/amp setup which powers a whole house speaker system.

I would like to hook up this second receiver to the Denon to be able to listen to CD's in the rest of the house. How can I do this? I first tried to run analog cables from the preouts of the Denon to the second reciver's CD input, but I go no sound. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
627 Posts
Try outputting the tuner from the 2805 to the preouts and see if that works. I believe with my 2803 the preouts will only pass on signals received via an analog input. Also you can feed the output of your DVD player using stereo cables and then see if your pre outs pass on that signal.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks>

I actually called Denon and it is true that the preouts only pass on analog signals.

I am trying to send a digital signal from the Denon to a Yamaha receiver (original source is CD player). I have been getting noise from my CD's analog outputs so here is what I think may work.

I have the Cd connected to the Denon CD input via optical (Toslink). Then I will use the optical out on the Denon to send a digital signal to the Yamaha CD input. Does that sound like it will work?

I also plan to hook the Yamaha RXV-596 to an external amplifier. Will that also work (doesn't require analogs like the Denon)?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would think that the optical input would allow the signal to be fed via the optical output. It is worth a try. But why not just feed the CD player to the Yamaha?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the CD directly wired to the Yamaha with analog cables, but the sound in all speakers sounds fuzzy , so I think there is some problem with the analog outputs of the Cd player. Another Cd player hooked up the same way did not sound bad.

The Denon that is hooked up to the only digital output on the CD player sounds fine. Since I would like to listen at the same time to a CD on both systems, I wanted to try the digital signal on both receivers. I would replace the CD player, but it is one of those Sony 400 disc jobs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.