AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how to connect my outputs (blu-ray, cable box, computer) to both a projector and a sound bar.

I have an Epson 5030Ub and a Yamaha Soundbar (YAS-203). Until recently I had surround sound speakers and a receiver and such – but now, and for the next year or so I have a sound bar and a smaller, non-dedicated room. As I sit down with it all I realize my receiver doesn’t fit into the new setup (it only has surround sound speaker outputs). I’m not sure what to do. Each media output needs to send video to the projector at the back of the room and audio to the speakers up front. There are no inputs on the cable box, no outputs on the sound bar… how does one do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
Short answer is, unfortunately, you don't...

Soundbars are 100% intended to be paired with a TV, not a projector. They (mostly) expect all the sources and switching to occur at the TV, with a single audio output provided to it. Projectors expect the same thing for video - a receiver to do all the source switching with a single video output provided to it.

Do you still have the receiver? If space is an issue, an LCR "speaker bar", or three wall-mounted LCR speakers around the screen would be your best option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short answer is, unfortunately, you don't...

Soundbars are 100% intended to be paired with a TV, not a projector. They (mostly) expect all the sources and switching to occur at the TV, with a single audio output provided to it. Projectors expect the same thing for video - a receiver to do all the source switching with a single video output provided to it.

Do you still have the receiver? If space is an issue, an LCR "speaker bar", or three wall-mounted LCR speakers around the screen would be your best option.
Hi Jautor, thanks for responding. If that answers my question, I think I don't understand. I just did a search for an LCR speaker bar. It has three RCA connections for, I presume, three embedded LCR speakers in the bar. The second LCR bar that had photos had the same setup. Perhaps these are not representative. I'm also not clear on how to have multiple outputs. Meaning, even with a sound bar, I could use my optical out to the bar and HDMI to the Projector. But then I am stuck regarding my computer and blu-ray.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh... I reread it. I use the receiver for a LCR setup. Sorry, my misread. Thanks for the prompt reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts