AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone has ever seen this, using a peice of 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe routed from the Electronics Center to various places.

My house just recently flooded and the Drywall had to be replaced, but before rewalling I went ahead and installed some PVC pipes and flush mount boxes where the pipes ended. I also put some string through the pipe so it would be easy to run wires in the future.

One of these pipes have already come in handy when I ran network cabling from the computer to the TV.

Just thought it would be nice to mention it here

Divert

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
I did exactly that (strings and all) on my runs.

Jeff

·
Registered
139 Posts
While pulling the network cable which I'm assuming is cat5, make sure that you are not pulling to hard. Cat5 is not supposed to be submitted to more than 25 pounds of pressure.

For the pipes, lucky you (or was it really luck? :) ), you used a 1.5" pipe, one of my coworker used a pipe a little bit too small for his application and ended up tearing his freshly new sprayed ceiling to rerun a larger pipe.

Thankfully, the guy who did the work was able to fix it properly and it is now invisible! Each time someone is now telling me they are putting pipes in the walls my first question is: what size?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.