AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a Samsung TS160 and we want to have him bring it over for the Superbowl so we can hook it up to the 60" GWIII. I don't have DirecTV, but we just want to use the box as a tuner for the broadcast signal. He says that in the past, when he has had the input from the satellite unhooked from the box, it would not work for either the satellite (obvioulsy) or the broadcast signals. Anyone have any advice/input?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a new TS160... Currently I'm using it for OTA only, no dish hookup (it's not even activated on my D* account), because I'm still waiting for the D* installer to put up my triple LNB dish...

I don't know if this isn't part of older firmware versions, but on mine I can select "No Dish" under "Dish Type" in the installation menu... With "No Dish" selected it won't search for the sattelite signals and I can use it for OTA reception... I still needed to have the access card inserted, however...

Get him to try it out at his place... just unplug the Sat connection and set it to "No Dish" and give it a whirl...

Hope this helps...

--Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.