AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way back, I used to have an SB16 card that had both a line out and a spk out which allowed me to hook up my amp as well as my desktop speakers.

I now have an SB Live Value with a Hoontech add-on card which supplies digital to my home theatre system and front and rear speakers on by desktop.

I have a analogue distribution amplifier which spits out video and audio around the house to various rooms. I'd like to hook up the sound card to this amplifier so that I can play movies and MP3's around the house. Problem is, there is no line out anymore.

Is it possible to connect a splitter to the front speaker connector on the SB Live value? I'm guessing that this would double the impedance causing performance loss, but I may be wrong.

Is there another solution, such as something that can be connected to the feature connector?

I have an on board sound card which I use right now in addition to the SB Live, but it's not a perfect solution because the two can't be used at the same time, and I am always switching between sound cards on the audio control panel.

Any suggestions, including stop whinning and use the second sound card are welcome!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you have a receiver, does it possibly have a Monitor Out type jack or VCR out that you could plug into your distribution system. Splitters on the already not so hot connectors on your SB Live won't sound so great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The out wouldn't work because all the receivers are at the end of the line, not near the source. I really need a good way to get an analogue signal out of a second place on the SB Live.

I suspect that there must some pins on the feature connector which supply an analogue signal, but I don't know which ones it would be.

Any help here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know this is not the best thing to do, but On my SB Live I have 2 splitters for line out. The fist plug on the first splitter has my Pro logic receiver plugged in, the other plug on the first splitter has ANOTHER 2 way splitter, one for my head set and one for my computer speakers. I find the only real draw backs are.

A) so many damn splitters = mess.

B) I have to turn up the volume on my computer speakers louder than I used too.

There are amps that can help with this right? I must be able to buy one, or build it? That would give me a new project :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.