Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous thread, ROBMARK said the following:

Quote:
You had asked for a pic of the soffit/air supply. The original plans called for the ductwork to run within the soffit, but due to size limitations, that was changed.

What I did was have the duct boxes mounted in the drywall as if they were going to place the grills in the drywall. I then constructed the soffits, and once the bottom of the soffits are in place, I will attach the grills directly to the MDF.

Robert
(See attached picture of Robert's soffit)

Question: I am in the same boat as Robert as my soffit is not big enough to run the flexduct as originally planned. If I use the same technique as Robert, do I need to be concerned about isolating the inside of the soffit? Besides noise, I'm more concerned about condensation forming and over time causing damage to the ceiling drywall/soffit.

Thanks,

--curtis

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used 1" semi-rigid duct liner inside my bulkheads that are being used as ducts. Not only helps with any condensation but adds some sound adsorption.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - that's what I am planning on doing too using some of the Linacoustic RC left over

--curtis

·
Registered
219 Posts
Curtis,

I haven't finished the insides yet. According to my AC guy, since I'm dealing with a pretty small area, it would not be absolutely necessary to cover the MDF with anything. However, he said that if I have the material around, I might as well...but only because of condensation issues.

Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.