AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 sonos as sources for my 2 cam6.6 giving me 12 zones. I finally got tired of using my phone every time I wanted to skip a song and looked into a solution and found my russounds are controlled with iRule using iTach IP2RS232 and the sonos are already connected to my network. As a result since I develop software as a hobby I decided to look into it and after lots of research and work I have created a windows program that runs on my home server that gets all the meta data from my 2 sonos and send it to the corresponding source keypads. It also will receive the keypresses on a given source and if that source is a sonos it will send the next, previous, pause, play commands to that sonos.

My entire system is now interconnected. Currently My program has only been tested and used by me. I did set it up to work with 3 sonos sources even though I only have 2. Is there any one here that uses sonos and russound rnet that would be interested in testing and using this program?

You need to have your russound connected to an iTach through the RS232 port so the program can communicate with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea but the price is a bit much. I have a windows server on 24/7 so I just built a windows program that I guess does the same thing. Mine is capable of controlling 3 diff sonos from any handset depending on what source is selected and send meta data to the handsets based off what source is selected. So if sonos 1 is on source 3 any handset on source 3 will get meta data and control that sonos. works for up to 3 sonos. I also allows any other app to get the full meta data and an image link for the album art by requesting it on the same port as the sonos devices send their data. I use iRule for my whole house automation control and this allows iRule to display the album art and meta data for currently playing and whats playing next.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2 sonos as sources for my 2 cam6.6 giving me 12 zones. I finally got tired of using my phone every time I wanted to skip a song and looked into a solution and found my russounds are controlled with iRule using iTach IP2RS232 and the sonos are already connected to my network. As a result since I develop software as a hobby I decided to look into it and after lots of research and work I have created a windows program that runs on my home server that gets all the meta data from my 2 sonos and send it to the corresponding source keypads. It also will receive the keypresses on a given source and if that source is a sonos it will send the next, previous, pause, play commands to that sonos.

My entire system is now interconnected. Currently My program has only been tested and used by me. I did set it up to work with 3 sonos sources even though I only have 2. Is there any one here that uses sonos and russound rnet that would be interested in testing and using this program?

You need to have your russound connected to an iTach through the RS232 port so the program can communicate with it.
Are you willing to share the work that you have completed to make your integration function? I would love to integrate the same kind of solution into my system that uses both Sonos and a CAV6.6.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts