AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i need some help here, i hope you can understand what i am trying to do, but here it goes...

i have a tv that was in a flood and i tore it apart and got the speakers out of it.. they are maybe 3-4" speakers, and came from a toshiba 46" projection tv (46h84)

im moving another tv in its place, but it is just a small toshiba 27" tube, it looks like it is model 27af44 or 27af45

now what i want to do is hook my old speakers to this tv to get a better and louder sound

is this even possible? can i do this and have all 4 speakers working at once?

im not too good with setting speakers up like this and i dont want to break the tv by trying to be cheap, but if it is an easy job, i will go for it

thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli /forum/post/16976725

Unless the speakers are exactly the same size with the mounting hardware fitting exactly, fuggedaboudit.

im not trying to put these speakers on the tv itself, i have a stand with two speakers holes that i will use, i just need to know if it is possible to wire them up, and how i would do that

thank you

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i got some info

the speaker is about 4.5"

here is what it says on the bottom:

SPK-1390

NOM. 15W at 8ohms

MAX. 17w SON

B4176

i tested the speakers and it is giving me 7.5 ohms of resistance

edit* after doing some searching, i found that the tv im trying to use the speakers with comes with two 5w speakers, so i dont think i can tap into the existing ones

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 15W speakers will work if hooked into the same out put as the 5W speakers, but they will only have 5W to run on, however, that should be enough for a T.V. using the inbuilt speakers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaticEntity /forum/post/16977529

The 15W speakers will work if hooked into the same out put as the 5W speakers, but they will only have 5W to run on, however, that should be enough for a T.V. using the inbuilt speakers.

thanks, is there any way i can get more wattage to them, like a small amplifier or something?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Buy an old Receiver off of Ebay for $25-$50 or so and buy some old speakers off of Ebay or Craiglist and be done with it. Going through all of what you are trying to do will reward you with crappy sound.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/16978807

Buy an old Receiver off of Ebay for $25-$50 or so and buy some old speakers off of Ebay or Craiglist and be done with it. Going through all of what you are trying to do will reward you with crappy sound.

I totally agree. Those 15W speakers you are thinking about using, probably cost less than $5 apiece. They won't sound any better than what's in your TV now. Probably worse since they'd be gerry-riged. Just find an older receiver and a pair of older speakers (if the budget is your concern) and it will sound 100 times better than any TV speaker will ever hope to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts