AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to find someone who is using this to help me understand what I should expect.

Here are some questions.

1. Once I launch SA and store a setting then I assume that all my font panel level controls and settings are no longer controlling the XTi2000?

I ask this because I am getting alot of hum with the program open. I assume this is a gain thing...and I need to turn the levels down.

2. I am using SA to use the EQ for my sealed 15" sub. without a mic I assume I am doing this all by feel? I cannot start EQ'ing for a few hours since i still have slepign people in my house, but then I have the whole house to myself and I am hoping to play with thing and would love some help.

Off to read.....

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ /forum/post/14219423

1. Once I launch SA and store a setting then I assume that all my font panel level controls and settings are no longer controlling the XTi2000? I ask this because I am getting alot of hum with the program open. I assume this is a gain thing...and I need to turn the levels down.

Correct, the front panel controls (except for maybe the level knobs) don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ /forum/post/14219423

2. I am using SA to use the EQ for my sealed 15" sub.

You need a measurement mic, mic preamp, and a program such as FuzzMeasure to properly EQ your sub. Otherwise, you're going by hunches. Worst comes to worst, at least grab an analog rat shack SPL meter.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the rat shack meter. I was going to pop in my DVE disk and take some measurements. Then make a curve and remeasure...and repeat.

But right now the game is on ...so maybe later.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well after two hours of tweaking with my meter and 5 sheets of computer paper, I am pretty darn flat down to 22.5 where it drops 2db and then drops 8db at 20 and 16db at 16hz

Hardly even worth mentioning around all you guys who are flat/or +5 to 3hz

But its a start....and let me tell you the house is a RATTLE TRAP

But thats another day.

I will set up another curve tomorrow with some different center points and see if I can do better. For now since my dog is in the farthest end of the house in the corner, I guess he is sayign enough noise for the night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts