AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked up the Terk TV42 to my DTC-100. This is the OTA antenna that clamps onto the dish. I hope I have it wired correctly. I am running from the output of the 4X4 multi-switcher to an input on the antenna. From the antenna, I run the cable (RG-6) into the house. At the rear of the IRD, I have a diplexer going into both antenna A, and SAT IN. I am getting a signal of low 90s on the 101 bird and low 70s on the 119 bird. For me, that is acceptable. Only after jiggling the antenna, do I get a signal on the local HD channels, only briefly (a second or two). But, for the most part, I don't get any signal from the locals (analog or digital) at all. I plugged my cable TV cable into Antenna B, and I don't get anything from there (yes, I have the cable bubble highlighted in the menu for) at all. Do I need another diplexer outside? Does anyone have this set up at all? Is Terk that bad an antenna?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The Terk is a POS. Search the forum and post about OTA recption in your area. Stay away from anything that has Terk on it. IMO. End of Rant!

Dave

BTW Welcome to AVS!

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

[This message has been edited by David Richardson (edited 06-27-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.