AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an LG 50PX4DR Plasma with a Cable Card and built in hard drive. I also have a Comcast HD DVR. Is it possible to use and record on both? Anyone able to get this situation working? If so, how do you have it configured?

Thank you so much if you can help me with this....

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Split the incoming coax cable, attach one leg to the DVR and the other to your PDP. You will be able to record two programs on the DVR (but not w/CableCARD) and watch a third (non SDV) channel w/the CableCARD (PDP's tuner) (3) tuners overall.

Cable companies may be supporting Tuning Adapters these days, which enable one-way digital cable ready products (i.e. TVs equipped with CableCARD slot) to resolve content delivered via switched digital video.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity /forum/post/16933428

Split the incoming coax cable, attach one leg to the DVR and the other to your PDP. You will be able to record two programs on the DVR (but not w/CableCARD) and watch a third (non SDV) channel w/the CableCARD (PDP's tuner) (3) tuners overall.

Thank you very much. That is how I will set it up.

Now if I can just get the TVGOS to download listings for the TV (been trying for a few days-no content being downloaded) or is that not possible? I'm waiting for a call from LG about the TVGOS issue. Thanks again.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
TVGOS is very problematic. Not only is updating this information a manual process, between your local cable TV provider and Gemstar-TV Guide ; but how the PSIP Information gets delivered, especially since the transition to digital TV, is often inconsistent.

Once Time Warner began implementing SDV, I basically gave up on the whole CableCARD mess. However, pay-back can be a b!+c# and I plan on doing so one day when Verizon FiOS TV becomes available in upstate NY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts