AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add a E85 to my system and use in tandem with my existing E80, but I am not entirely convinced there would not be problems with the remote actuating both when I just want to control one. I know you can set the remote code selection to 1,2,3, etch, but since the remote has to control all selections I don't see how it can control one without affecting the other.

Has anyone tried this? The same question would apply if I wanted to add a separate Panasonic DVD player, which apparently use the same command codes. Is anyone using a Panasonic DVD player in the same system with a E80/85?

Thanks.

Don

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have 2 sets of Panny recorder/players (an E80 and RP82 in one room and an E30 and S47 in another). No problems to report with the remote codes. The recorder just flashes CHK REMOTE whenever a player command is issued. This doesn't have any affect on record/playback when the recorder is operational.

I've never had the 2 recorders in the same room. So I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have two e-80's and an e-85 in the same rack with one remote set to code 1 the other set to 2 and the last set to 3. No interference at all some times it is a little confusing in that the recorders not in use will flash their remote codes on the recorder's front panel display. When I am using two or all of the units there is no interference.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. That is what I needed to hear.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have two E-80's and a Panny player. Once you ignore the flashing, as Macsog mentioned, another problems is remembering which remote goes with which device. I find that decorating the remote with stickers, colored tape, or Sharpies can help make the remotes identifiable for quick and hurried grabbing.

Also, HoustonGuy suggested once that re-inserting the remote in the plastic bag that it comes in will protect it from spills. Doing so also enables the above identification methods without ruining the remote.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I discovered my E100 remote will open the tray on my E85. The E85 remote does not have an "open-close" button.

Since the DVRs are not in the same building, I've not needed to change the remote codes.

Richard

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RichardT
I discovered my E100 remote will open the tray on my E85. The E85 remote does not have an "open-close" button.
That's true for lots of devices, e.g. VCRs too. Often the lower end models have the same internal firmware, but have a remote with fewer functions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
another problems is remembering which remote goes with which device. I find that decorating the remote with stickers, colored tape, or Sharpies can help make the remotes identifiable for quick and hurried grabbing.
Stickers, colored tape and sharpies? :confused: Bro, you really need a universal remote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.