AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I?m from the US, but live in Japan. I?m building a new home theater and want a receiver like the Onkyo TX-RZ920. I?m a big Onkyo fan, but they only have 3 models available in Japan! None have better than 7.2 sound.

My question is, can I use a US TX-RZ920 in Japan? Electric currency where I live is 100v 60Hz. I?ve used all sorts of appliances from the US here, but not a receiver. Would there be any issues (other than OTA radio and some streaming services not working)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it will work fine, but google says the outlets in Japan are not polarized. So you may have to buy an adaptor and do a little research to make sure you have the plug turned the proper way. Then again it may work fine turned either way. But I think the 100v 60hz is okay for USA products.

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
Hello all,
I?m from the US, but live in Japan. I?m building a new home theater and want a receiver like the Onkyo TX-RZ920. I?m a big Onkyo fan, but they only have 3 models available in Japan! None have better than 7.2 sound.

My question is, can I use a US TX-RZ920 in Japan? Electric currency where I live is 100v 60Hz. I?ve used all sorts of appliances from the US here, but not a receiver. Would there be any issues (other than OTA radio and some streaming services not working)?
I'd check with Onkyo. Looks to be 120V power supply according to the tag on the Onkyo site! A universal power supply I would think would state 100-240V. I could be wrong, it could still be universal, but I'd want to know that up front!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
The US AVR will probably work on 100V but its lites will be dimmer and have less output power. Also note the tuner frequency range in Japan is different than the USA FM is 78MHz to 90MHz. I would shop around for a stepup/down transformer 100V >120V or 120V >100V.

Just my $0.02.. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts