Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about using the vga output directly to the vga input on my Panasonic PT-L200U lcd projector.

Is it ok to do this or would picture quality suffer because i am not using a vga to component adapter? My video card is an ATI radeon 8500 AIW.

I have allot of experience with computers but i am new to the HTPC side. I plan on using Power strip, Theater Tek or Power DVD. Is this enough to get a quality picture or do i need any other software?

I am sorry if these questions have been asked allot but i couldn't find any info, and i have been reading the "Guide lines" thread, there is excellent info there and takes awhile to absorb it all.

Thank you

·
Registered
347 Posts
It should be fine as long as it's a REAL vga input, just like a computer monitor. I'd find out what the native resolution for the projector is and set the video card (powerstrip) to match it and fire away. Going direct is always better than converting!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, it will work. Picture will be better (best) with a direct VGA connection. You must make sure the projector can handle the resolution/refresh you send it from the pc. To make custom timing/res use "power strip". GL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.