AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Vidomi to re-encode the mpeg files downloaded from a ReplayTV? I just found the program on the web at Vidomi.com and I'm trying it out and it seems to work well. It even has a nice tool to edit out comercials. I've read this forum a bunch of times over the last year and I haven't heard anyone mention this program. Everyone seems to use Womble which I can't get to open the .mpg files. Vidomi worked perfectly the first time I tried it.

Vidomi is GPL'd which I like and it supports using other machines CPU time over the network to encode files (only if you are doing multiple files). It seems to read the .mpg files that DVArchive pulls from my ReplayTV just fine (I also have Cyberlink PowerDVD installed and Windows Meda Player plays the .mpg files using it's codec so that might be why.)

I was just wondering if anyone else had tried it and what their experience has been? Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I use Vidomi almost daily. I love converting my RTV5000 files to Divx, copying to CD, Then take them to watch in the evening.

I even convert the Packer Games & convert them for storage on DVD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OT: I wish they made a Divx player for the TV like my Apex DVD player. I'm in the habbit of moving my Replay files to SVCD to play back later, but at 480x480 resolution on PC is less than desirable.

·
Registered
431 Posts
There is a new DVD player comming out 1st quarter next year by a new startup company that will play back Divx/MPEG4 from CD/CD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RW

As I was hunting for the original article I located this one. It's different from the one I was talking about above.
http://www.edgereview.com/ataglance....y=Video&ID=390

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.