AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an Ultra Short Throw Optoma CinemaX P2 Smart 4K UHD Laser Projector and I am looking to replace my 120" retractable screen with a fixed mount one. I am open to suggestions but considering the
GRANDVIEW PE-L120DY3(R2) DYNAMIQUE UST AMBIENT LIGHT REJECTING SCREEN-120". I am trying to understand if I can mount it overtop the basement windows (see the picture below) and if I can celling mount the projector and wondering if I have to mount the screen upside down to make sure the light reflects properly.

(excuse the mess in the picture, I am reorganizing)

·
Registered
461 Posts
If the UST projector is mounted on the ceiling upside down, then you will have to flip the UST screen upside down accordingly.

·
Vendor
NX7 + ST130, Firehawk & Black Diamond + Marantz 8012 + Def Tech 9080s +more.
584 Posts
First, good choice of screen.
Second, you can mount the screen over the windows but the surface may bleed some light through from behind so I would suggest blackout curtains over the windows.
Third, as @Run&Gun said, you will need to flip the screen upside down as well. If you do it will no longer reject any light from above, only below. Ideally you would keep the P2 mounted beneath the screen as you do now and have the screen installed right-side-up for best performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts