AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,324 Posts
***Those pics look great with lots of color saturation. Probably the kids TV but have you watched any movies on it? How are the dark levels? And your screen - - what type. Dynamique? I forgot if you've answered this before. We're moving in less than a year and I'm debating whether to pickup this PJ (or a similar UST) and totally redo my speaker system. It would be great if they allowed you to use the speakers on the Hisense as the "center speaker." Otherwise, I'd look at something like Martin Logan's Slimline and maybe use an infrared or some other way to control the PJ without direct line of sight as I would place the slim center speaker in front of the PJ. Anyway - - great pictures!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
***Those pics look great with lots of color saturation. Probably the kids TV but have you watched any movies on it? How are the dark levels? And your screen - - what type. Dynamique? I forgot if you've answered this before. We're moving in less than a year and I'm debating whether to pickup this PJ (or a similar UST) and totally redo my speaker system. It would be great if they allowed you to use the speakers on the Hisense as the "center speaker." Otherwise, I'd look at something like Martin Logan's Slimline and maybe use an infrared or some other way to control the PJ without direct line of sight as I would place the slim center speaker in front of the PJ. Anyway - - great pictures!
This is the screen that came with the Hisense. We have watched movies on it and the black levels are pretty decent for a DLP projector. I have a Panasonic UB420 which does tone mapping for both 4k blu rays and for streaming apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime, so as long as we watch on that (with the player set to BT.2020 for SDR to HDR tone mapping) it looks great! I also watch shows on Plex with an Nvidia Shield and it looks good there as well, though Netflix does not look as good on the Shield as on the Panasonic (when viewing 4k HDR content). The projector is not perfect but if you can control the light from the sides and back you will be good (overhead or ceiling based lighting doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the picture). As for the center speaker use, no, you cannot do that with this unit. I have a dedicated center channel (Canton Chrono 505.2) that sits just below the projector and points up and it works great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok so I read almost every comment on this thread and I have some questions..

I currently have 3 UST Projectors and all are going back.

Xiaomi 1S 4K - Fan is really loud
Fengmi 4K - I think it's just a re-branded Xiaomi one. Everything looks identical - Fan is really loud
Optoma P2 - Fan is quiet but it's a bit pricey....3000 euros in the Netherlands, where I am located.

So, my question is...how would you compare the fan noise of the hisense to the Optoma P2 Brian @ProjectionHead

And I assume, at this point, it's a good idea to wait for the new unit that's coming out in a few months?

Thank you everyone for sharing their experiences here...it's very very helpful

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the P1 before the hisense. The only thing I miss is the lack of focus control but I’d say the fan is the same as the P1

·
Vendor
NX7 + ST130, Firehawk & Black Diamond + Marantz 8012 + Def Tech 9080s +more.
567 Posts

Fengmi 4K - I think it's just a re-branded Xiaomi one. Everything looks identical - Fan is really loud
Optoma P2 - Fan is quiet but it's a bit pricey....3000 euros in the Netherlands, where I am located.

So, my question is...how would you compare the fan noise of the hisense to the Optoma P2 Brian @ProjectionHead

And I assume, at this point, it's a good idea to wait for the new unit that's coming out in a few months?

There was no discernible difference in fan noise between the P2 and the 100L5F that we noticed

·
Registered
66 Posts

How is the image quality between the Xiaomi & P2? I'm debating between the two. The 1S is about 50% cheaper for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How is the image quality between the Xiaomi & P2? I'm debating between the two. The 1S is about 50% cheaper for me.
Xiaomi hands down is the winner but again that fan noise is so annoying for me. P2 is really quiet but picture goes to Xiaomi

·
Registered
23 Posts
How loud is it? Here the Xiaomi is expensive and the websites they sell it from look shady
Here is the video I sent to the banggood customer service - I mean it's difficult to tell on the video of course. You really have to be in the room with it to really understand it.

Brightness is better than the Optoma.

I am literally about to send the Xiaomi back to banggood in China...if interested, let me know. It's a great machine. Just not for me. I can ship it free from here to Canada. Not a problem. I am in the NL

·
Vendor
NX7 + ST130, Firehawk & Black Diamond + Marantz 8012 + Def Tech 9080s +more.
567 Posts
Thank you very much Brian on that.

What do you know, if anything, about the new one that's coming out this summer?
That will be a triple laser unit, vs the 100/120L5F which is a single laser. I can't share any further information than that at this time.

201 - 220 of 240 Posts