AVS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, but you can be sure it will cost a lot when it hits.
My options are either a UST projector or a top end 83/85 inch TV which are ridiculously expensive this year. Recently moved house and left behind a 124 inch screen and Sony projector. I fear I end up regretting paying £5k+ for a TV which ends up being too small for me 😁

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
My options are either a UST projector or a top end 83/85 inch TV which are ridiculously expensive this year. Recently moved house and left behind a 124 inch screen and Sony projector. I fear I end up regretting paying £5k+ for a TV which ends up being too small for me 😁
When the dual laser HiSense came out, I think it was around 20,000 dollars. I would expect something similar for the triple laser when it is first available for purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When the dual laser HiSense came out, I think it was around 20,000 dollars. I would expect something similar for the triple laser when it is first available for purchase.
Really? If that's the case I'd be better off considering the Samsung Premier. Just assumed the Hisense would be aimed more at the mass market.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think it was quite that much. But that price also included a sound system and a 120" Screen Innovation UST screen (5-7K on it own)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't think it was quite that much. But that price also included a sound system and a 120" Screen Innovation UST screen (5-7K on it own)
I think they're going in the direction of the L5 with a bundled screen only. In fact, it seems the L9 will be available without it:

Reactions: m0j0

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between the Hisense 100L5FTUK-A12 (£3000) and 100L5FTUK-B12 (£4500) in the UK? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Odd I wonder what the improvements are?
I spoke to an online retailer and he said it has an upgraded operating system, better HDR, an improved ALR screen and better speaker system. In the UK it's currently £4500 as opposed to the 2020 version which is £3000 most online shops. Think I'm going to hold off until the price drops a bit then pull the trigger.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I spoke to an online retailer and he said it has an upgraded operating system, better HDR, an improved ALR screen and better speaker system. In the UK it's currently £4500 as opposed to the 2020 version which is £3000 most online shops. Think I'm going to hold off until the price drops a bit then pull the trigger.
Is this model just in the UK? I don't see the refresh here in North America...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this model just in the UK? I don't see the refresh here in North America...
I'm not sure to be honest, unless it has a different model number. Here in the UK I can only see a couple of online stores which have the newer model, the rest all have the outgoing model. As I said before our 2020 model is 100L5FTUK-A12 and the new 2021 model is 100L5FTUK-B12. Don't know why they didn't rename it something completely different to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could someone who has this projector please tell me the height from the top of the screen to the surface the projector sits on? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering if anyone tried to mount the 100L5F on the ceiling with a high contrast screen. Does it even support image flip? I got mixed messages from various resellers. I am currently torn between LG Cinebeam 810 and the Hisense. Thanks in advance for any hints on that topic.

221 - 240 of 240 Posts