AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone who has recieved the update with a p4 tried reinserting their old p3. if your a subscriber your p3 should still work in the unit even if your not a hacker. your answer could put to rest a lot of rumors.

·
Registered
17,594 Posts
Anyone who received a P4 would have had their P3's shut off by DTV within a week or so of the new cards being shipped to them. It even mentions that in the letter you should have received prior to getting the card (or with the card). The old cards are good for nothing but hacked subs and bookmarks.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by NetworkTV
Anyone who received a P4 would have had their P3's shut off by DTV within a week or so of the new cards being shipped to them. It even mentions that in the letter you should have received prior to getting the card (or with the card). The old cards are good for nothing but hacked subs and bookmarks.
I don't know. They might make a nice collectible, especially the Football card.

I know it's never really caught on but there is a hobby market for phone cards, and even expired credit cards. I must admit to being such a collector. It's no worse than collecting bottle caps (I never could figure out the desire for that one). :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
however the question is somone who has recieved the upgrade maybe they could try their p3 if they still have it. and are you saying that once they send you a p4 they shut down your p3 account. because i thought the swap was base on your existing account.

·
Registered
141 Posts
DirecTV does not shut down your billing account and give you a new one. They do deactivate your old P3 access card number on your existing account and replace it with the new P4 access card number. Once you do the card swap the old card is no longer valid. Part of the process of the card swap is to deactivate the old card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.