AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what exactly will happen if I suddenly don't pay my $9.95/mo anymore for the UTV service?

BTW, I have upgraded mine to a 120gigger..NICE!

·
Registered
39 Posts
well, eventually your utv tier will expire or be wiped for non-payment.. you will still be able to record shows, but you will only be able to watch the first ten minutes of any show.. and rewind/ff, etc will no longer work. then b/c your account is delinquent, dtv will reset your ppv purchase limit to .01, meaning you can't watch ppv's + eventually cancel your account altogether (no tv!).. your credit may be affected, people will point at you in the street + you might not go to heaven. other than that, it won't have much effect.

·
Registered
80 Posts
He didn't say he wasn't going to pay his entire DirecTV bill, just what would happen if he dropped the UltimateTV part of his subscription....

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
No, he asked, "what exactly will happen what if I suddenly don't pay my $9.95/mo anymore for the UTV service?" Maybe he meant to ask what would happen if he cancelled the UTV service, but that's not what he asked. Plus, don't all you UTV owners know that only Tivo owners will get into heaven? :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct, I never said I was not going to pay my DTV bill. I definitely have no PLANS on not paying the $9.95/month. I was just wondering on a functionality basis, what may happen to my UTV if I don't pay that portion.

On the contrary, I LOVE my UTV and cannot see living without it!!

But if someday, it for some reason goes away, I Will succumb to the Tivos or the Replays.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I believe if you cancel, the limit of viewing only the first 10 minutes and the Rewind and Fast Forward become disabled immediately. You can still pause live TV for 10 minutes though. I seem to recall where someone cancelled the UTV service, thinking he would be ok until the end of the billing period. But, the UTV became limited immediately. :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveWinNJ
I seem to recall where someone cancelled the UTV service, thinking he would be ok until the end of the billing period. But, the UTV became limited immediately. :(
If you managed to take you card out whenever DirecTV sent down the deactivation message, you'd be able to use the PVR functionality until the UTV tier on your card reaches the expiration date. Of course, that's probably not very long, and you never know when DirecTV will repeat the deactivation message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.