Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here.

Just finished speaking with Tech Support and got a few codes for ya if you are interested, looked online at AVS Forum and did not find any useful codes so here are 2 that I now have.

Format HDD: Press Menu-Options key 3 times then enter code 2355

Reset Unit: Press Menu-Options key 3 times then enter code 12357

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cool. I had heard problems with people trying to re-use thier HD after the 3.5 update; is this a simple way to start the HD format for use in a PC?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

Recovering the UTV HD running 3.5 is still possible. (format for PC)

I followed the advice mentioned in the other HD upgrade threads... leaving the UTV powered down for at least an hour. (unplugged and cables disconnected)

I also added an external Power Supply to power the UTV HD during the "format".

Other then that... I followed the existing procedure... no "codes" needed.

Good Luck,

DT

·
Registered
133 Posts
I already have the 3.5 firmware. Tried to format the HD using the instructions mentioned in the first post but it didn't work. Please elaborate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried this method for formatting the hard drive it did not work. Should the card be in or out, what screen should the utv be on?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone tried using GDisk to format the hard drive? I have used it format just about everydrive I have ever come across.

JJ

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slayer12
I tried this method for formatting the hard drive it did not work. Should the card be in or out, what screen should the utv be on? Thanks
Assumption: you have sucessfully installed a new, bigger disk drive and you want to reformat the original, old drive for use in a PC. So ... the card should be removed. All cables in/out should be disconnected. There is no "screen" to look at because you are disconnected from everything. Unplug the power cord and keep the unit unplugged for awhile -- some people recommend 1-hour. Connect the original drive to the IDE cable. Connect power to the original drive (either from the UTV or as some people have done, from a nearby PC). Supply power to the UTV by plugging in the power cord. The lights may flash (assuming the front panel is even connected). The flashing lights indicate a new drive was found and it is being wiped. Wait awhile (most people recommend at least 5 mins). Pull out the IDE cable from the drive but make sure power is still supplied. Wait for the wipe/format to complete (at least 40mins for a 40GB drive -- might want to wait 1 hr to be safe). Power down your power supply to the drive (UTV/PC) and disconnect the power cord from the disk. That's it.

Read How to reuse the original UTV hard drive in a PC for more details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.