AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any places that might do a nice even trade of an RCA UltimateTV for any working model of a DirecTivo?

I'm rather disappointed in the whole unit more and more with each passing day and would love to convert the last non DTivo receiver to a DTivo.

Heck, I'll trade default 35hour UTV for a 35hour DTivo.

I'll trade the UTV as it currently stands (120gb) 105 hour for either of the following {120gb [40gb + 80gb] dual drive DTivo} or {120gb single drive DTivo}

Current PVRs
UTV Single Drive 120gb ~105hour (original Seagate 40gb ~35hour drive still available and unused)
DTivo Dual Drives 320gb {160/160} effective space 274gb {137/137} ~259hour
DTivo Dual Drives 80gb {40/40} ~67hour
DTivo Single Drive 40gb ~35hour

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's put it this way. There are maybe 3 things I like better on the UTV than the DirecTivo, whereas there are many more things I like better about the DirecTivo (even unhacked, hacked there are even more features I like about the DirecTivo). To me those 3 things are minor when compared with all the other major features I prefer on the DirecTivo (trying to politely avoid comparisions and turning this thread into another bicker thread).

·
Registered
171 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. I am a PVR fan. I don't have particular loyalty to a specific PVR brand anymore than I do to a specific VCR brand. I think of a PVR much the same way as a VCR. In the past, when I have gotten a VCR, I have looked for certain sets of feature/price combinations. I have an RCA VCR with the automatic commercial advance and I loved it when I used it. I too prefer Tivo PVR overall, however (as a recent buyer) availability and price pretty much made the decision for me in favor of UTV. I think Tivo has been a marketing idiot to not have DTivos available for purchase during this time frame. And UTV does the job. It hasn't taken my wife long to learn the UTV and when I reported a cost of $250 for the system (3 UTVs) instead of two or three times that, I had a very happy wife.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.