AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UTV has lost all local channels. They are still on my regular Hughes receiver, just not the UTV. Just called DTV customer service. After a long time on hold, the CSR said that this problem is affecting all the UTV and DirecTivo units. They are aware of the problem and are working on fixing it. It seems like it's only affecting the local channels. My kids were really looking forward to watching the Thanksgiving Day parade. Anybody else experiencing this or know why this is only affecting PVR units?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
We are seeing various error messages for random HBO type channels. Some work, and others yield the on screen error.

Have no locals here, so can't speak for those.

Ed

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm missing random HBO channels and a few others. I do have all my locals though. Stand alone DTV box is working fine. This really bites! This is the reason I got rid of cable!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Earlier this morning MSNBC (356) and FOX news (360) were "not available in your area". About an hour later they were working again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I lost the Local channels also. Just before the parade is getting ready to start. Someone let us know if they find out the cause.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Seems it was a system error in the APG guide (which DTIVO and UTV use) when Directv tried to offer the free preview of HBO/Cinemax. I guess when they tried to fix it, it caused even more problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.