AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been several recent threads regarding heat, and I thought some may find the info & pics in this old post useful.

More than one fan is not necessarily overkill.

To reduce noise, you can reduce a fan's RPMs with a voltage mod shown in the above link.

60 and 80mm fans can easily fit inside a Utv case. See the pics. Two 80's fit fine.

Sonys I've seen do not have heatsinks; RCAs do.

Adding heatsinks is a good idea. I fabricated some out of aluminum foil (folded it into layers) and attached it to my tuners & chips with double-sides thermal tape. I thought about the chips before, but not the tuners themselves (the pair of metal casings adjacent to the cable connectors). So that was a great idea. Kudos to the author of that thread.

My mod is permanent, and requires cutting a hole into the top of a Utv. So if anyone tries it, take your time & make sure you line up the hole correctly. The fans need clearance on the left to clear the power supply and other stuff there.

There are several mods/heat solutions explained in this forum, and IMHO, no one mod/solution is necessarily better than another. There's the slot fan, the below case heatsink, the upper exhaust fan(s), the notebook cooler, and others. Read, read, read, and then pick one you're comfortable with, if you so choose. Either way, read, read, read. Use the search button. Enjoy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.