AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a current DirecTV subscriber and have just upgraded to Ultimate TV (the Sony box, if that makes a difference). Anyway, I have also purchased a Multiswitch, but it will take a little while to run the extra cable to get the two inputs into my new UTV box. My question is, in order to get instant gratification, will the UTV box function with only one tuner connected?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, Until the second input is being used though some features, most notibly PIP and watch one record another or record two, etc, will not work.

If you hit PIP you will see a familiar "searching for sat. signal" message in the PIP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Staind
Yes, Until the second input is being used though some features, most notibly PIP and watch one record another or record two, etc, will not work.

If you hit PIP you will see a familiar "searching for sat. signal" message in the PIP.
OK, thanks! This will at least allow me some instant gratification when I get home tonight -- UPS' tracking site tells me that the package is nearly at my door...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Let me clarify.

You will be able to watch an already recorded show from "My shows" while recording something else. You won't be able to watch a live show while recording some other channel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.